Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 ford f-150 XLT 5.4 multiple aftermarket product question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 09:20 PM
Sergeant

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 ford f-150 XLT 5.4 multiple aftermarket product question.

Ok guys I'm new to the forum, and even newer to the truck world I had a 1995 mustang gt prior to the truck I've always been a die hard ford guy but never had an f-150 so I have a couple of questions. First off my truck has a 2.5" leveling kit on it I'm not sure what brand or type cause the guy I bought it from didn't tell me that and he doesn't because I just asked and I want to know if doing a 2"-3" suspension lift is gonna cause any problems on top of the 2.5" leveling kit that's already on it? Second of all I want to add a cold air intake of some kind but I have no idea what the best brand and best bang for a lower budget would be? So any ideas and I also want to install a tuner/programmer and I was thinking brands like bully dog or edge any idea which brand would be better or what model for either one? A little more about the truck to help it's a 2005 f-150 XLT 4x4 5.4 triton with 89,000 miles and runs flawlessly I just want to know my options as far as aftermarket mods I can do. The only things already done to it are a clarion NX-501 touchscreen radio, kenwood 3-way door speakers all the way around, a 2.5" leveling kit, aftermarket wheels, and BF Goodrich 305/70/17 KM2's thanks for any help you can give me I hope this community is just as helpful if not more than the mustang community.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by Jacob Sims
Ok guys I'm new to the forum, and even newer to the truck world I had a 1995 mustang gt prior to the truck I've always been a die hard ford guy but never had an f-150 so I have a couple of questions. First off my truck has a 2.5" leveling kit on it I'm not sure what brand or type cause the guy I bought it from didn't tell me that and he doesn't because I just asked and I want to know if doing a 2"-3" suspension lift is gonna cause any problems on top of the 2.5" leveling kit that's already on it? Second of all I want to add a cold air intake of some kind but I have no idea what the best brand and best bang for a lower budget would be? So any ideas and I also want to install a tuner/programmer and I was thinking brands like bully dog or edge any idea which brand would be better or what model for either one? A little more about the truck to help it's a 2005 f-150 XLT 4x4 5.4 triton with 89,000 miles and runs flawlessly I just want to know my options as far as aftermarket mods I can do. The only things already done to it are a clarion NX-501 touchscreen radio, kenwood 3-way door speakers all the way around, a 2.5" leveling kit, aftermarket wheels, and BF Goodrich 305/70/17 KM2's thanks for any help you can give me I hope this community is just as helpful if not more than the mustang community.
I can't help with the leveling/lift kit, but I can help with the others. Unless you plan on adding forced induction, a CAI is useless as many brands, especially K&N use open air boxes. If you idle a lot, as in city driving or experience traffic, these cause you to suck in hot engine air, thereby hindering performance and in some cases costing you HP. The stock air box flows what your engine needs, but if you wish for $15 you can do the GOTT's mod to make the inlet snorkel bigger and keep your stock air box. As for tuners, I like my Edge Evolution for my '05 4.6L, really woke it up. But it's a canned tuner which means if you want custom tunes go with another brand, 5Star tuning is on here and offers discounts to forum members and they have many brand options and will custom tune it to your needs with A+ customer service from what I've read. Good luck!
Old 08-10-2015, 05:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

On my 2005 XLT I have:

K&N FIPK (part no. 57-2556)
Banks Torque Tubes Shorty Header (part no. 48715k)
Magnaflow Stainless Performance Series (part no. 16518)
4.56 Gears

All of that however isn't much good without a tuner.

I got the EVO Evolution programmer and contacted Power Hungry Performance to get it converted to a gryphon with custom tunes for my set up and it will chirp my 37" tires on 9 inches of lift!

http://store.gopowerhungry.com/php-p...2004-2008.html

Start with the TUNER!!! Then add the bolts ons. The tuner will do the most for you.

Oh and congrats on the truck, I just got mine 8 months ago can't stop loving it and adding **** to it.

Last edited by markwerline; 08-10-2015 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-12-2015, 06:41 PM
Sergeant

Thanks for the assitance and suggestions guys.
Old 08-18-2015, 03:38 PM

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

My 2 cents: I highly recommend custom tunes from either 5 Star or MPT as your most important performance upgrade. The difference in custom vs canned tunes is significant! Custom tunes are specifically designed to take advantage of existing performance mods. This means buying the tuner first and later adding bolt on performance mods will not optimize your setup. However, you can get around this by having your tuner rework the tune (for a small fee) to incorporate changes.
Old 02-21-2016, 08:57 PM

Default 2009 fx4 screw 5.4 tuner ???

Hello,

New to this forum and just bought a 2009 fx4 screw 5.4 and would like to put a tuner on it. I seen and researched that SCT Is a great and well known tuner. I would like to get the SCT X4 but I am getting mixed answers if it will fit on my 2009 fx4 5.4. Some say yes and some say no. So I am wondering if any of you guys have the SCT X4 on your 09 fx4 5.4???? Please help ! Thanks everyone in advance
Old 02-21-2016, 09:18 PM

Default 2009 fx4 screw 5.4 tuner ???

Hello,

New to this forum and just bought a 2009 fx4 screw 5.4 and would like to put a tuner on it. I seen and researched that SCT Is a great and well known tuner. I would like to get the SCT X4 but I am getting mixed answers if it will fit on my 2009 fx4 5.4. Some say yes and some say no. So I am wondering if any of you guys have the SCT X4 on your 09 fx4 5.4???? Please help ! Thanks everyone in advance

Quick Reply: 2005 ford f-150 XLT 5.4 multiple aftermarket product question.