Topic Sponsor
Aftermarket Products, Reviews & Installation Discuss modifications and enhancements to your Ford F150.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2 Gott's Mod Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 12:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2 Gott's Mod Questions

So, I've only seen a little info on this, but I'm wondering if Gott's mod has any risk associated with allowing larger debris in? I saw a guy's video with a newer F150 (his was a 2010, mine's a 2003) and his airbox was full of leaves. I'm thinking this would be solved easily enough by just gluing on a mesh covering on the end of the PVC pipe, wouldn't it? Like, maybe just wrap the end with the kind of screen you'd use in a screen door or something, no? Enough to block big debris without choking the value of the airflow.

The second question, how do you get the outer part of the airbox off? It seems like it's attached to a bottom bracket with two nuts of some kind, but I can't seem to make out what they are, if they're nuts, screws, retainer clips, or what. Nothing about the mod seems to reference disengaging them, and I don't want to break something trying to pull it free to remove the nozzle from the fender.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: 2 Gott's Mod Questions