Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Sticker - Substitution

Old 11-08-2016, 02:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window Sticker - Substitution

Hey Guy's and Gal's,
I downloaded my Window Sticker and was looking it over a few times and Noticed a BIG Change. I placed my order the very first day dealers were allowed to do so with mine including the Carbon Fiber. I heard there were problems with the Carbon Fiber being available and thought my vehicle would be delayed. It wasn't in that, and my Dealer said No they didn't change order, the Carbon was deleted and in its place Foldable P/U Bed Extenders and Stowable Loading Ramps were Added.

Has anyone else had there Carbon deleted and something else of near equal value added???

Dealer said mine should be in around 10 Nov.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:31 AM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

No. that was either your dealer ordering it wrong, or the order getting messed up at the factory.

I'm guessing the dealer messed it up but nothing to back that up.

And it depends on who you believe on when they will ship. Have your dealer show you their locater program that shows your truck in transit to dealer.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know Scrappy Doo, I have a copy of the Order Summary that was submitted which has the Carbon and No Bed Extender & Ramps.
On another site I read that the Carbon was not available and I went to Dealer to see if I could resubmit order without Carbon without losing place in line, which he couldn't.
Has anyone who have uploaded their Window Sticker, who Had Carbon on Order summary, now having Carbon on their Window Sticker?

I also tried to change Order on changing the Seat Color from the Gray Highlights to Orange which wasn't available when I placed order. No again without losing place in build line.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:37 PM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by activeyear
I don't know Scrappy Doo, I have a copy of the Order Summary that was submitted which has the Carbon and No Bed Extender & Ramps.
On another site I read that the Carbon was not available and I went to Dealer to see if I could resubmit order without Carbon without losing place in line, which he couldn't.
Has anyone who have uploaded their Window Sticker, who Had Carbon on Order summary, now having Carbon on their Window Sticker?

I also tried to change Order on changing the Seat Color from the Gray Highlights to Orange which wasn't available when I placed order. No again without losing place in build line.
Mine had the fiber. Rep said it would hold the order up, so it was dropped and the order went right in. Built a month ago.

I have never seen or heard of a "substitution " done by the factory without the ok of the dealer.

Weird situation regardless
Old 11-08-2016, 11:22 PM

Received 170 Likes on 122 Posts

Once Ford accepts the dealer order, they send back another build sheet (factory confirmation) of the accepted build to prevent these very mistakes

Either your dealer didn't double check or just pushed thru what he wanted

Search this Thread