Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who's swaping the front & rear bumpers of their 2017 Raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 07:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Who's swaping the front & rear bumpers of their 2017 Raptor?

Hi guys,

I'm considering getting a solid iron or steel bar for the 2017 Raptor, along with a winch on it for the front.

So who's considering it and what brand? Please post pics of your favorite bumper.

Mine so far is http://www.ironcrossautomotive.com but I can't imagine how their HD front bumpers would look on the 2017 Raptor.

PS: Try and ignore the pink stuff LOL
Attached Thumbnails Who's swaping the front & rear bumpers of their 2017 Raptor?-ironcrosspushfrontbumpers2241509_2.jpg   Who's swaping the front & rear bumpers of their 2017 Raptor?-iu.png  
Attached Images  
Old 10-13-2016, 08:17 AM

Received 241 Likes on 172 Posts

Just my opinion, but I think IRON CROSS makes the worst looking stuff out there. They plaster their name over everything and ruin the clean look of the trucks. I would never buy anything from them. Although if you think that pink truck looks good we are on the total opposite spectrum.

Obviously at the end of the day whatever makes you happy is the right choice!
Old 10-13-2016, 08:31 AM
Mark

Received 2,424 Likes on 2,122 Posts

Agree with you Lock...
Old 10-13-2016, 09:39 AM

Received 500 Likes on 383 Posts

part of the 'magic' of the 2017 Raptor will be balance - something the Gen1 suffered from a lack of. Putting 250lbs of ugly weight on the nose is counter productive.
Old 10-13-2016, 09:41 AM
Mark

Received 2,424 Likes on 2,122 Posts

yep.. agree
Old 10-13-2016, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by Lockelamora
Just my opinion, but I think IRON CROSS makes the worst looking stuff out there. They plaster their name over everything and ruin the clean look of the trucks. I would never buy anything from them. Although if you think that pink truck looks good we are on the total opposite spectrum.

You do realise I said "PS: Try and ignore the pink stuff LOL" which means it's fugly that pink stuff.

The back bumper from ironcross doesn't look that bad. The front one is a bit over the top and looks unchieseled.
The following users liked this post:
Lockelamora (10-13-2016)
Old 10-13-2016, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by WarSurfer
part of the 'magic' of the 2017 Raptor will be balance - something the Gen1 suffered from a lack of. Putting 250lbs of ugly weight on the nose is counter productive.
Well by that argument you could very well cut any serious mod that adds weight! Including bigger rims with everything above 17", bullbars, reinforced side steps light kits or other stuff.

And let's be frank here, I get that the second gen Raptor went over a diet and lost 500lbs, but it's not like now it's a sports car. Most of the owners of this truck, i bet more than 90% of them, will never test it's abilities in a desert-ish scenario when you drive it full speed across the dunes in Baja mode, where that balance you speak of is quite important. Some trucks will not even get to see real hardcore offroad, let alone a full blown 80mph race through the dunes.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Lockelamora

But what about the blue one? Is that ok?

What brands do you like for aftermarket heavy duty bumpers?
Old 10-13-2016, 10:42 AM

Received 500 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrei_D
Well by that argument you could very well cut any serious mod that adds weight! Including bigger rims with everything above 17", bullbars, reinforced side steps light kits or other stuff.

And let's be frank here, I get that the second gen Raptor went over a diet and lost 500lbs, but it's not like now it's a sports car. Most of the owners of this truck, i bet more than 90% of them, will never test it's abilities in a desert-ish scenario when you drive it full speed across the dunes in Baja mode, where that balance you speak of is quite important. Some trucks will not even get to see real hardcore offroad, let alone a full blown 80mph race through the dunes.

ok, let me state it this way:

The front suspension isn't designed to carry an extra 250lbs out over the nose. it isn't just about how it performs in the dunes, it will impact braking, handling, etc... In order to run that bumper (esp with a winch), you'd need to run a stiffer spring rate.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:43 AM

Received 79 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrei_D

there is a huge difference when you are talking about adding a 250lb front bumper and rims/tires or side steps. the rims and side steps will be of equal weight on either side or front and back so the balance will not be affected.

Quick Reply: Who's swaping the front & rear bumpers of their 2017 Raptor?