Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: Used CPO 2014 Raptor or wait for a 2017 Raptor?
2014 CPO Raptor
23.68%
2017 Raptor
76.32%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Used/CPO 2014 Raptor or wait for 2017 Raptor?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2015, 10:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Used/CPO 2014 Raptor or wait for 2017 Raptor?

Thanks to many of the good guys here, I've decided to buy up to a Raptor vs. going down the normal f150 with upgrades or design packages. Just curious of the general opinion on going for a deal on a low miles, CPO 2014 Raptor or waiting potentially over a year for a 2017 and paying quite a bit more? Maybe even $20K more? Any guesses as to the delta between these two options in price? I'm leaning towards waiting and ordering one but the 2014's I've seen with low miles still look killer. If the difference in price isn't that compelling, then I would be apt to wait but if we're talking over $20K then perhaps the 2014 is the way to go...
Old 10-04-2015, 11:44 AM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

Guessing a cloth seat supercab around 55 and a loaded super crew with all options around 63-65.

Do you want the newest and the best? Bear in mind that the first batch of new raptors will be bought up by the more $ than brains club at msrp or higher. Depending on your relationship with your dealer, it may be mid '17 before you can get one a few k under msrp.

My 14 sold in 3 days at 60k, so I'm not sure how much most 14s are going for.

I'd wait for the new one unless you need a truck sooner
The following users liked this post:
solsurfr (10-04-2015)
Old 10-04-2015, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo
Guessing a cloth seat supercab around 55 and a loaded super crew with all options around 63-65.

Do you want the newest and the best? Bear in mind that the first batch of new raptors will be bought up by the more $ than brains club at msrp or higher. Depending on your relationship with your dealer, it may be mid '17 before you can get one a few k under msrp.

My 14 sold in 3 days at 60k, so I'm not sure how much most 14s are going for.

I'd wait for the new one unless you need a truck sooner
When did you sell yours? Are you also waiting for a '17? I'm not in a huge rush but a nicely equipped, low miles, '14 Raptor is tempting. Plus, I want a crew cab with leather seats as a minimum. In terms of options, rear view camera is the only other option that I would want.

When will '17 Crew Cabs be released? Mid 2017?
Old 10-04-2015, 03:27 PM

Received 139 Likes on 92 Posts

Where are you finding a deal on a 14 Raptor? All the ones I have seen are priced way over new, for a used truck. Are you stuck on getting a 14 instead of an earlier year? Seems like it wouldn't matter too much if you are getting used if it was a 13 or earlier if the miles are low.

Check the payload on a Raptor if you haven't already. It is significantly lower than other F150 models. Something most salesmen won't mention.

There are so many factors that go into this. It's really personal preference. If you are doubting your purchase don't do it.
solsurfr (10-04-2015)
Old 10-04-2015, 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by Trailbreak74
Where are you finding a deal on a 14 Raptor? All the ones I have seen are priced way over new, for a used truck. Are you stuck on getting a 14 instead of an earlier year? Seems like it wouldn't matter too much if you are getting used if it was a 13 or earlier if the miles are low.

Check the payload on a Raptor if you haven't already. It is significantly lower than other F150 models. Something most salesmen won't mention.

There are so many factors that go into this. It's really personal preference. If you are doubting your purchase don't do it.
No deals found. List prices hover around $57-$62K, it seems. Agree, pretty much personal preference but am not doubting I want a Raptor. Just curious if folks are holding out for 2017 (trading or selling their Gen 1 Raptor) or going for a CPO gen1 Raptor given where the price points are.. I'm guessing Ford didn't list or forecast what their MSRP will be for the 2017 Raptors?
Old 10-04-2015, 05:36 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by solsurfr
No deals found. List prices hover around $57-$62K, it seems. Agree, pretty much personal preference but am not doubting I want a Raptor. Just curious if folks are holding out for 2017 (trading or selling their Gen 1 Raptor) or going for a CPO gen1 Raptor given where the price points are.. I'm guessing Ford didn't list or forecast what their MSRP will be for the 2017 Raptors?
I'm guessing a 2017 will be around the list prices you mentioned, so better to wait.
solsurfr (10-04-2015)
Old 10-04-2015, 08:14 PM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by solsurfr
When did you sell yours? Are you also waiting for a '17? I'm not in a huge rush but a nicely equipped, low miles, '14 Raptor is tempting. Plus, I want a crew cab with leather seats as a minimum. In terms of options, rear view camera is the only other option that I would want.

When will '17 Crew Cabs be released? Mid 2017?
A couple weeks ago I sold mine. No I'm not getting a '17 raptor. I didn't care for my '14 at all.

People that won't wait or don't want the new style are ponying up so I cut mine loose for much more than I bought mine for.

Ford has said new raptor next fall, as a '17 model.

I would wait for the new one if you really want one.
solsurfr (10-04-2015)
Old 10-04-2015, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Scrappy Doo
A couple weeks ago I sold mine. No I'm not getting a '17 raptor. I didn't care for my '14 at all.

People that won't wait or don't want the new style are ponying up so I cut mine loose for much more than I bought mine for.

Ford has said new raptor next fall, as a '17 model.

I would wait for the new one if you really want one.
Cool... yea I think I'll wait also. Did I read that SCAB was being released before SCREW? Or are they being offered at the same time?
Old 10-04-2015, 10:12 PM

Received 139 Likes on 92 Posts

Yeah if you can wait, and you are cool with an eco boost, you are probably better off waiting. If a screaming 6.2L V8 appeals to you, buy now.

I doubt Ford will hold off on the SCREW Raptors this time. Dealers want SCREWs because they sell better and for more profit.
solsurfr (10-05-2015)
Old 10-05-2015, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by Trailbreak74
Yeah if you can wait, and you are cool with an eco boost, you are probably better off waiting. If a screaming 6.2L V8 appeals to you, buy now.

I doubt Ford will hold off on the SCREW Raptors this time. Dealers want SCREWs because they sell better and for more profit.
I've read the opinions on Eco vs. V8.... seems Ford has upgraded the engine but folks are a little skeptical on Eco-boost engines for Raptors. My only thought is that the new Eco engines should have better gas mileage otherwise not sure why they would abandon the V8 platform?

Quick Reply: Used/CPO 2014 Raptor or wait for 2017 Raptor?