Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RWHP - Drivetrain loss?

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 01:56 PM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RWHP - Drivetrain loss?

Guys,

I did a quick search but didn't find a good answer, I'm looking for a good base number so I can figure out the drivetrain loss so I can calculate my rwhp. For example, if 330 is a consistent rwhp number, then 19.5% would be the loss (411 - 19.5 = 330).

I realize there's too many factors involve, different types of Dyno's, air temps, cold pulls vs warm pulls, variances between engines... The list goes go and go, but I hope there's a common number we can all agree on?

Why do I worry about it... Because I'm installing a 2.9L Whipples on my 2012 Harley-Davidson and I'm badging my truck and I'm including the horse power on the tailgate. So for me to claim 635hp, I would need to make 511 at the rear, if I use 19.5 for the drivetrain loss!

It's my understanding we have the same drivetrains, 6.2L AWD/4H/4L/Dif Lock?

Thanks guys!
Old 12-17-2013, 10:22 PM

Received 500 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by LongNap
Guys, I did a quick search but didn't find a good answer, I'm looking for a good base number so I can figure out the drivetrain loss so I can calculate my rwhp. For example, if 330 is a consistent rwhp number, then 19.5% would be the loss (411 - 19.5 = 330). I realize there's too many factors involve, different types of Dyno's, air temps, cold pulls vs warm pulls, variances between engines... The list goes go and go, but I hope there's a common number we can all agree on? Why do I worry about it... Because I'm installing a 2.9L Whipples on my 2012 Harley-Davidson and I'm badging my truck and I'm including the horse power on the tailgate. So for me to claim 635hp, I would need to make 511 at the rear, if I use 19.5 for the drivetrain loss! It's my understanding we have the same drivetrains, 6.2L AWD/4H/4L/Dif Lock? Thanks guys!
HD's and Raptors have the same engine and trans but we don't have the AWD T-case. Way too many variables between the two but most of the Raptor numbers I've seen are 326-336rwhp stock.
Old 12-17-2013, 10:47 PM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by WarSurfer
HD's and Raptors have the same engine and trans but we don't have the AWD T-case. Way too many variables between the two but most of the Raptor numbers I've seen are 326-336rwhp stock.
Thanks WarSurfer, you've been a big help during my endeavor! I'm just going to /.80 back into my rwhp to get my bhp. I've already figured out Whipple is full of it when they state 635hp running a 3.5 pulley and at less then 9lbs.

Proofs in the pudding and I should know on the 27th, if everything gets here in time?

Quick Reply: RWHP - Drivetrain loss?