Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RedX 2017 Lightning Blue Raptor Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 03:02 PM

Received 169 Likes on 117 Posts
Default RedX 2017 Lightning Blue Raptor Build Thread

Thought I would start a build thread to keep everybody up on mods. I started a build thread on my 2015 Tuxedo Black Platinum and I believe it went over well, so thought I would do the same with this one. I'm sure not everyone will agree with everything I do to this one, but that's ok. To each his own. This is in memory of my 2011 Molten Orange Raptor, "Rappy". Not sure where the mods will go, but I've completed a few already. I will add the pics as I go. I know that is what everyone on here is after. If no pic, it didn't happen. To Rappy:
Old 12-30-2016, 03:05 PM

When I got a call from my salesman, I ran to the dealership to get a quick peak....

Old 12-30-2016, 03:15 PM

My first mods were completed by Ziebart: Heat reduction window tint on the front windows to match the rear, clear heat reducing tint on the moon roof to reduce the heat in the cab on those hot summer days, and an eye brow on the top of the windshield. Diamond Gloss paint protection, a clear bra on the front end, mirror caps, and the lower door strips between the wheel wells. And finally, an Access Laredo bed cover. I've had those on my last two trucks (F150, F350) and like the ease of use and functionality.

Old 12-30-2016, 03:26 PM

My next couple mods were a Stubby antenna and a Bed Rug Mat. I've started putting Stubby's on my trucks ever since my first Raptor. They look so clean. I went with the Bed Rug mat this time, because I have the factory spray in bed liner, so I really don't need any protection on the sides. I purchased the Bed divider when I bought my Platinum and just kept it to use in the Raptor.

I had the full Bed Rug on my Platinum, but it was a pain cutting out for the hooks and the lights. Plus the lights never did seat correctly because the rug was too thick. I reall like this mat! Makes it nice crawling on your knees while in the bed!

The following users liked this post:
ChadwickSmith (07-02-2019)
Old 12-30-2016, 03:33 PM

I started adding some graphics. As you can see on my first Raptor, I like the prerunner look, so I will start to go that route on this one. I realize this is not for everyone, but I like it, so there you go..... I also added the in-channel Weathertech window visors.

Old 12-30-2016, 03:48 PM

Future mods:

1. I will add fog/flood lights and hook them up to the aux switches. I loved those on my other Raptor. One set clear, one set amber. It's a great look. I still have the 50" light bar I took off the Raptor, but there is no way it will fit on this one. Bummer....

2. I also removed my sub box from my last Raptor, so I want to add an amp and put these two 10" subs under the rear seat. It made the last stock stereo sound badass.

3. Undecided on whether to buy black wheels or not. I'll probably live with the stock wheels for awhile.

Other notes: I'll be looking for other options for lights, so if you guys add lights, I would like to see pics. I was surprised that the stock mats were pretty decent, so I didn't buy Husky liners for the front or rear.

Interested to hear everyone's ideas on mods, now that trucks are beginning to arrive. I do hope that you guys with the October builds get your trucks soon! I feel for you. I pray in some way my build thread can help get you through.....

Old 12-30-2016, 03:50 PM

I almost forgot that important mod for all your friends that drive GM's or Rams:
2015F150Guy (07-26-2018)
Old 12-30-2016, 04:01 PM

And my mascot......

Old 12-30-2016, 04:28 PM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

Badass.

I'm living vicariously through you for now.

I saw on one of the sema builds there was a custom fit fog led made for the openings in the front bumper. Hopefully they will come to market.
Old 12-30-2016, 05:35 PM

Received 203 Likes on 129 Posts

Congrats! Looking good. Since Race Red is not available, I would have gone Blue as well. Keep us posted as you mod it.
Denis AKartunov (05-26-2017)