Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

raptor heated steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2016, 10:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default raptor heated steering wheel

I will be getting my loaded 2017 raptor in two weeks. I just found out that the dealer did not include the heated steering wheel. Does anyone know about retrofitting one?
Old 11-04-2016, 11:16 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I do know it's odd that it's not included in the 802A package. I assumed it was (ordered on July 26th and was at the mercy of what the dealer showed me in terms of options) and ordered it without. It wasn't until I noticed other folks posting here that they had the HSW option and I was able to modify my order before it was submitted to build.

Hope you're able to find a solution - definitely understand the frustration.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont think anyone is going to know until people start getting their trucks. it all depends if the harness is in the truck and when the steering wheel itself will be available. I've already talked to a friend of mine at a ford dealer and he stated that he he might be able to add it in the programing but no one will know till the trucks are out.

its one of the few options i REALLY wanted but i wasn't willing to spend an extra $6k for a heated steering wheel. i honestly think its pretty silly that you HAVE to get the 802a package to even be able to add a steering wheel, then on top of that its not even included in a $10k package. pretty crazy.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:28 PM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by stealthfrc
dont think anyone is going to know until people start getting their trucks. it all depends if the harness is in the truck and when the steering wheel itself will be available. I've already talked to a friend of mine at a ford dealer and he stated that he he might be able to add it in the programing but no one will know till the trucks are out.

its one of the few options i REALLY wanted but i wasn't willing to spend an extra $6k for a heated steering wheel. i honestly think its pretty silly that you HAVE to get the 802a package to even be able to add a steering wheel, then on top of that its not even included in a $10k package. pretty crazy.
I'm with ya. I got the heated backseat too. Like an extra 250-275 for both of them extra on top of 802. Ford just milking ya for sure. But on a 64,xxx sticker it's like breaking a window on the Titanic....No one is going to notice.
Old 11-04-2016, 12:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there just lucky theres such a following for this truck. the options for it are silly... between that and the fact its taking forever for them to actually be released... then keeping EVERYONE in the dark about a huge purchase like this is crazy... then on top of that they pretty much force you to spend $70k on a truck if you "need" every option..
my taurus has everything but im willing to loose a few options and save $6K, out of everything i only wanted the steering wheel and auto high beams but im going to see if my buddy can find a way to add the steering wheel for me, all the other things the 802a package comes with arnt all that great, i have them in both my SHO and my 2015 mustang, i could do without them.

Last edited by stealthfrc; 11-04-2016 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-04-2016, 01:05 PM

Received 170 Likes on 122 Posts

IIRC you'd have to also reprogram (or copy using another VIN that shipped with the heated wheel) Sync since the heated wheel switch is a touch button that appears on the Sync screen

It will not be there if there's no heated wheel from the factory
Old 11-04-2016, 02:34 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wonder if all the steering wheels are made the same, and all they do is program the switch in sync.
Old 11-29-2016, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How did you get notified when your truck was coming?

How did you get notified when your truck was coming? I've been inquiring for about a month or so and nobody can tel me?

I ordered it at the beginning of August
Old 12-08-2016, 06:44 PM

Received 133 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Dredlin
I wonder if all the steering wheels are made the same, and all they do is program the switch in sync.
There would also be a controller for the heated steering wheel. Using forscan you could check to see if it's present. The module has a parameter for the heat level. Turning the icon on sync is straight forward with forscan or ids. But I would guess the module isn't present.
Old 12-11-2016, 01:56 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by fred terra
I will be getting my loaded 2017 raptor in two weeks. I just found out that the dealer did not include the heated steering wheel. Does anyone know about retrofitting one?

Post some pictures of your truck