Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nav Gen-2

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2013, 11:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav Gen-2

Updated

I called Ford customer service and Monday May 6, 2013 andthe regional customer service person called me today in reference to the totalnumber of way points that the navigation system has. He toldme first I was correct that the navigation unit only has four ways point forany trip at one time.

Second he told me ifI wanted it to be changed or updated than I should call NAVTEQ myself because it was not Ford responsibility for the system. When I called the dealer about the system hetold that it was designed that way.

Both of these answers are not even close. First someone inford signed off on the system per the design, second cars used to be veryunsafe so does this mean that because itwas designed that way we should never made car safer.

When the design of the GEN-2 system reduce the total number of way points from theGEN-1 system this is not progress.

The only way to get this back to the same amount is to haveall GEN-2 owners call ford and ask for updated to the system.

Thank you

I just purchased a 2013 SVT Raptor. I am planning a tripwith the truck next week and found that the navigation system only allows fourway points per trip. This is not even enough for small trip let alone a crosscountry trip.

The navigation has 4A version of the SD card installed. Myhandheld Delorme has a lot more waypoints than this unit and it's SD card basealso.

Quick Reply: Nav Gen-2