Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is My truck there are many like it but this ones my MONSTER

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2012, 05:05 PM
Senior almost

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default This is My truck there are many like it but this ones my MONSTER

Please keep comments brief and positive, haters can just hate somewhere else. I dont drink Monster drinks if thats any consolation. I found these wheels at my local Americas tire center. Had to have them and hand made graphics to go on the truck. I did a level kit about 1.25 lift in front. I did this becuase the option of pre-loading the shocks to create more lift changes the ride, the drop rate of the spring and creates a firmer ride, I dont want. Most of my miles will be spent on the road just like everyone else will.... The ready lift kit creates a lift but you dont sacrafice ride to get it. Changes the front attitude of the truck and looks better in my opinion.. I will see off road fun with outlaw raptor expeditions in the desert south west... For all of you questioning the wisdom with the lift versus adjusting the perch location either way it moves the lower spindle resulting in the same angle of the axle and if wear occurs it is the same.... This was my way and also its my truck..... Also added the PASSPORT 9500 CI custom installation Radar detector and Laser Jammer system... It works well and the 4th vehicle I have put it in....Thanks for looking....
Attached Thumbnails This is My truck there are many like it but this ones my MONSTER-2012-09-19_09-14-00_382.jpg   This is My truck there are many like it but this ones my MONSTER-2012-09-19_09-14-09_259.jpg   This is My truck there are many like it but this ones my MONSTER-2012-09-19_09-14-54_84.jpg   This is My truck there are many like it but this ones my MONSTER-truck-120.jpg   This is My truck there are many like it but this ones my MONSTER-2012-09-19_09-15-34_576.jpg  

Last edited by 2010FX4F150GILROY; 10-05-2012 at 10:56 AM.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool.
Old 10-04-2012, 07:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Didn't you already create a similar thread?
Old 10-04-2012, 08:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like it. What brand of push bar is that on the front?
Old 10-04-2012, 09:22 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SCREWFX46.5
Didn't you already create a similar thread?
Yep but all the "haters" that said a leveling kit was a bad idea must have ruined it for him
Old 10-05-2012, 09:53 AM

Received 669 Likes on 459 Posts

Funny thing is...if you post on a public forum, people are probably going to comment.

If you didn't want comments, you shouldn't have posted in the first place.
Old 10-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Senior almost

Its not a matter of comments, if you do nt like it thats fine go away dont look, but if your going to try to explain engineering and shock preload and the proper operation of the suspension then you better get your sh it together. I have been doing this for almost 50 years and have learned more than most. I have worked on over 1000 trucks and SUVs Jeeps etc. I get tired of people telling me that what I know is not right and the fact that they drove one once makes them an expert, they did stay in a holiday INN last night. I have seen more than most people you will find or meet. I have forgotten more than most people on this forum will ever know. I started this in the Raptor section as fellow Raptor owners tend to be a little more classy, I guess I will see. I used to post alot and try to help as best I can having seen most of it before and have hands on experince. So if you ahve a question why I did something a certain way you might ask instead of stating its wrong, this is how you learn from someone who can share a lifetime of learning, unless you do not want to know then by all means get athletes mouth......
Old 10-05-2012, 10:52 AM
Senior almost

Originally Posted by curtrwall
I like it. What brand of push bar is that on the front?
This is a Ford Racing products Raptor light bar....
Old 10-05-2012, 11:35 AM
Wondering Around

Received 212 Likes on 156 Posts

Looks Good! If I had a Raptor leveling is the first I would do, just as I did with my F150.
Old 10-05-2012, 12:15 PM

Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010FX4F150GILROY
Its not a matter of comments, if you do nt like it thats fine go away dont look, but if your going to try to explain engineering and shock preload and the proper operation of the suspension then you better get your sh it together. I have been doing this for almost 50 years and have learned more than most. I have worked on over 1000 trucks and SUVs Jeeps etc. I get tired of people telling me that what I know is not right and the fact that they drove one once makes them an expert, they did stay in a holiday INN last night. I have seen more than most people you will find or meet. I have forgotten more than most people on this forum will ever know. I started this in the Raptor section as fellow Raptor owners tend to be a little more classy, I guess I will see. I used to post alot and try to help as best I can having seen most of it before and have hands on experince. So if you ahve a question why I did something a certain way you might ask instead of stating its wrong, this is how you learn from someone who can share a lifetime of learning, unless you do not want to know then by all means get athletes mouth......
Interested to hear the reasons why you chose the leveling kit vs the mid perch? Here is a thread that has some good information on the subject: http://www.fordraptorforum.com/f5/wh...ds-pics-11645/ Also no one was hating on your truck, just suggesting that mid-perch was what Fox designed the shocks for, and that it was only lowered to conform to dot standards.

Quick Reply: This is My truck there are many like it but this ones my MONSTER