Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

in the market for a raptor. a couple questions about mod

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default in the market for a raptor. a couple questions about mod

Hey guys. Checking in from Atlanta here. I found a killer deal on a raptor and have been trying to acquaint myself with it as such as possible before purchasing.

1st Id like to ask what is the maximum tire size you can fit with doing the "perch mod"? I heard somewhere that you could fit 37s and that would be exactly what i want.

2nd id like to hear about some exhaust systems you've had experience with. I want it loud deep and to roar at WOT(not that it already doesn't)

Thanks in advance guys
Old 03-19-2012, 12:35 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ive been told you can fit 37's without the perch mod but you would probably have some travel issues if you go offroad with it, the perch mod would easily fix that. On my raptor i just did a dynomax bullet, really loud and aggressive with minimal drone, sounds great and its about the cheapest "muffler" out there you can get. I dumped mine to make it louder but i think it would be really aggressive either way.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only way you'll run in the dirt with 37"s without destroying anything is to cut your fender wells. A lot. Lots of people have done it, but it does require some good hacking, the amount of which is dependent on which perch setting you run with be it low (a ton of cutting), mid (lots of cutting), or top perch (some cutting).

As for exhaust, I can't help ya there. I've stuck with the OEM, after cutting it off at the axle for clearance issues.

Quick Reply: in the market for a raptor. a couple questions about mod