Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Raptor Suspension Travel

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 06:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Raptor Suspension Travel

This question has been bugging me for a while. When you look in the wheel wells of a raptor and my 2006 F150 the parts dont look any different or any bigger, except for the fox shox, but how does the raptor get so much front wheel travel? How come I can take a raptor, jump it, and it be fine, but I cant take my F150 put fox shox on it and jump it and it be fine? Is it the lower control arms that give it that much more travel?
Old 03-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Squishy Heads

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Everything on the Raptor is bigger and beefier, and the ct-arms are wider and much beefier.

Last edited by bradseabridge; 03-26-2011 at 07:03 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 01:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having the longer LCA's and revised driveshafts, combined with the long travel shocks all adds up to the extra travel. From ride-height, it has a lot more extension/droop travel.

If you put an aftermarket long-travel setup on your F150 you can achieve similar results.

The Fox shocks aren't the whole point. It's the entire package.
Old 05-13-2011, 06:01 PM
Going Big Since 1980

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I've got Icon Coilovers on my F-150 longbed and I jump it just fine... The results were not so great with Bilstein 5100 tho

The Raptor arms are +4 over the F-150s... this combined with the Fox Units gives the truck over 11 inches of travel instead of 8 1/2"

With stock arms and the Icon Coilovers I cycle 10" of travel (mostly added downtravel or "droop") .. and a chit ton more dampening!

My buddy that owns Superduty HQ in Gilbert is now putting together kits that will allow you to run the Raptor front suspension on a regular F-150... You do need some stuff besides the raptor parts to make this happen tho.. (Axles, Tie Rods, Fiberglass, ect)

The regular F-150 has a little over 9" of rear travel from the factory.. but the springs are made to tow.. not land jumps. After I put the Icons on mine the back end feels really bouncy... Hope to get a nice set of rear shocks soon......
Old 05-15-2011, 03:13 PM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

The SVT Raptor is definitely about the sum of its parts and not any single part like shocks or beefier axles. I would expect anyone trying to turn their reg F150 into a Raptor to seriously think about it. Deep pockets are required and perhaps simply buying a Raptor is better...lol. But I understand having the capability of a Raptor. It just wont be cheap...sigh. I was hoping some aftermarket 4x4 company would develop a F150 version of the Raptor package so huge fender flares not required!

I thought about getting a Raptor before purchasing an FX4 and my decisions were based on practicality. I live in NorCal which is a compact car friendly area and a Raptor makes for a bad daily driver. Also I would rarely require the capability of a Raptor and the majority I do see around here were bought just for looks. Never see them dirty or anything...lol. So the FX4 is great and with minor modes makes it a solid off-roader for my needs.

Quick Reply: Ford Raptor Suspension Travel