Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Foldable Pickup Box Bed Extender / Bed Divider

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2017, 04:19 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Foldable Pickup Box Bed Extender / Bed Divider

Deciding on these options. Does the Holdup Pickup Box Bed Extender only work to extend the bed using the tailgate or can it be used to keep groceries, etc contained inside the bed with the tailgate up. My 07 had the flip out bed extender that I love for keeping small things from moving around in my bed but wasn't sure if the new style works that way or if I will need the Bed Divider to accomplish this.

Also can the Bed Divider & Bed Extender on the 2017 Raptor be used together mounted in the bed or just one at a time.

Hope this makes sense...
Old 02-05-2017, 04:37 PM

Received 3,928 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Originally Posted by Jetdriver480
Deciding on these options. Does the Holdup Pickup Box Bed Extender only work to extend the bed using the tailgate or can it be used to keep groceries, etc contained inside the bed with the tailgate up. My 07 had the flip out bed extender that I love for keeping small things from moving around in my bed but wasn't sure if the new style works that way
It can be used to contain stuff close to the tailgate. That's how I use mine when I fill up my gas cans so they don't slide around.
The following users liked this post:
Jetdriver480 (02-05-2017)
Old 02-10-2017, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The OEM divider/extender seemed cumbersome to open and close, and did not allow for tonneau cover handles to be easily used.
Old 02-27-2017, 05:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NASSTY
It can be used to contain stuff close to the tailgate. That's how I use mine when I fill up my gas cans so they don't slide around.
This, I often use it to keep stuff like groceries, coolers what not close to my tailgate and not way up front. I have no problem with my cover, I went out and bought two more for my other Raptor, and Super Duty.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:11 AM

Received 169 Likes on 117 Posts

Deciding on these options. Does the Holdup Pickup Box Bed Extender only work to extend the bed using the tailgate or can it be used to keep groceries, etc contained inside the bed with the tailgate up. My 07 had the flip out bed extender that I love for keeping small things from moving around in my bed but wasn't sure if the new style works that way or if I will need the Bed Divider to accomplish this.

Also can the Bed Divider & Bed Extender on the 2017 Raptor be used together mounted in the bed or just one at a time.

Hope this makes sense...
The only way you could use them together would be to mount the bed divider in front of the wheel wells, in other words up by the cab, and that wouldn't be very useful. I use the divider to keep things from sliding around and you can remove it very quickly. I've had this one for a couple years. Took it out of the '15 F150 and now use it in the Raptor.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:25 AM

Received 3,928 Likes on 2,509 Posts

Here's a pic of my bed extender. I haven't had a chance to get my Line-X done yet. I currently have a bed mat and a tailgate protector from a drop in liner.
Attached Thumbnails Foldable Pickup Box Bed Extender / Bed Divider-sam_0566.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Jetdriver480 (03-04-2017)
Old 03-04-2017, 10:01 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

OEM bed extender is best thing since sliced bread. love mine!! very convenient and easy to use. major benefit is that it opens in the middle.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:21 PM

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Hope this makes sense...
Yes, they can be used together.

Just put the bed divider in the forward box link housing closet to the cab and the extender in the other.
Old 03-04-2017, 03:23 PM

Received 55 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by tampadave
The OEM divider/extender seemed cumbersome to open and close, and did not allow for tonneau cover handles to be easily used.
What are tonneau cover handles.
Old 06-07-2017, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the factory bed extender / divider and the factory bed cover (tonneau cover).

To release the bed cover you have to pull directly down on a handle that sits behind the bed divider, so it makes it really fiddly to do