Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cab differences

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2015, 04:31 AM
Backyard mechanic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cab differences

I'm curious as to wether or not the cab is different on a normal 09-14 F150 vs the raptor? I've searched Google and can't find anything on this topic. I'd assume they're the exact same cabs, but I don't entirely know.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:57 PM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

They are the exact same size. The raptor had a blue accent color available as an option in the interior, some auxiliary switches, etc.

But it is nearly identical.
Old 02-19-2015, 06:13 PM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Size wise they're identical as Scrappy mentions. The differences are the upfitter switches, the instrument cluster has an SVT logo on the tach, the fonts for the tach and speedo, Raptor embroidered on the seat backs, optional blue accents in the standard model and smoked black in the special editions and a different steering wheel. Oh and the driver and passenger seats have more side bolstering; at least compared to my FX4.

Here's a pic of the interior (ignore my daughter who is fascinated with the fabric on the seats) of my 2014 SE. You can see the upfitter switches in the center console, the smoked black accents on the door panels and somewhat see the font on the instrument cluster.

Old 02-26-2015, 12:23 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have added the upfitter switches to my FX4 but don't know the plug number for the hill decent and off road round buttons. Does anybody know what the plug number/pigtail is? I don't want to spend $90+++ for the harness when I only need one connector.
Old 02-26-2015, 06:39 PM

Received 500 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by taxgod4u
I have added the upfitter switches to my FX4 but don't know the plug number for the hill decent and off road round buttons. Does anybody know what the plug number/pigtail is? I don't want to spend $90+++ for the harness when I only need one connector.
ORM is Raptor only - it's a combination of transmission tuning, access to ABS sensors, throttle control sensors and the disabling of safety features. This programming isn't resident in other F150's and the button is just a button.

Hill descent is available in non-Raptors but I'm unsure which year it became available so the programming may or may not exist in your truck - again the button is just a button.
Old 02-27-2015, 12:02 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry, let me add some more details I want to use the hill decent button on the raptor upfitter console to control an accessory I installed as all of the other switches are used for the hidden whelen strobs, in lower grille LED light bar, red LED glow for radiator, and air compressor for the 26" semi horn.

Just trying to find out what the pig tail part number is for either of the round buttons so I can get a non-OEM plug. The tiny pins on the switch are too small to solder to for my old eyes.

Can someone pop their upfitters and read the tiny part number on the plug to either of the round switches?

Last edited by taxgod4u; 02-27-2015 at 03:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Cab differences