Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billy

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 03:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Billy

Hi all

I have a company in Johannesburg south africa that manufactoring , repairing and modifieng Auto electrical wiring harnesses for trucks and busses and I do this for 21 years. Three of my customers have imported a ford raptor f150 , due to a new law in south africa they cannot register these vehicle, because they left hand drive . Now the customer a pannelbeater and myself have converted one vehicle to right hand drive.

I have turned the main harness running through the cab and engine compartment around , moved the main computer onthe firewall to to the left , extended the engine harness to the left , moved the tail harness to the left turned the dash harness . I kept the ABS wheel senders as per left hand by bringing the wires back where they were. I turned the direction indicator wires in such away that they work correctly , I extended the wires for the sound system to reach , I turned the roof harness , I swoped the door harnesses and done slight changes to reach all electri/electronic equipment.

The customer bought the electrical CD Svt tune up diagnostic equipment and diagnostic tester for all the computers.

We have got the vehicle in such a condition that every function is working
,but the traction control and the Hill descent is giving us head ache .

The Customer had to strip the Dash board at liest 4 times to complete the development of the heaterbox and the steering system conversion and the steering angle and allingnment went out.

When we start the vehicle the hill descent and traction control buttom work but after 3 miles of driving it shows a fault (hill descent and traction control) on dash and gives us fault C 1282 .

I want to help my customer in solving this problem although he is 2000 km away from here. I would like to talk to somebody who knows the system ,
who can help ?

THanks Billy
Old 11-27-2011, 05:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's what I found from a quick search.

C1282 Lateral Accelerometer Signal Fault

So you need to find the accelerometer, check the wires and positioning. I haven't dug in to F150's but I've done some on new Jeeps and they have the stability control unit attached to the steering column near the floor.
Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Billy