Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > Ford Raptor Forum
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

4-link

Old 11-18-2014, 03:59 PM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 4-link

Has anyone on here done one on a Raptor or 09+ F150? There seems to be only a few that have and they are all one off's. The two exceptions are Brenthel and Foutz, but they want 18k+ for there kits without shocks.

I have yet to see someone do one themselves... and yes, I've been on DR & RDC. I'm planning to do it to my truck and would love to find someone else that's done one to "compare notes".
1ntheoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 06:04 PM   #2

Traditional 4 link or a 4 link trailing arm (think trophy truck where the coilovers and bypasses attach midway along the outer arms)? Either way, i have no expereince with the raptor but check out some of the 4x4 forums, like pirate4x4. They have a lot of good info on how to properly set up each system.
Just out of personal curiousity, are you going full-blown race truck, rock-crawler, or just want to try something different? I had a triangulated 4 link on my buggy and it was sweet for articulation but not something I would want to drive on the road. On the other hand, i have a 5 link trailing arm system on my wildcat and its amazing, not a street legal vehicle but i can hit bumps at any speed and hardly feel it. In any case, post pics as I'd like to see your progress. I'm jealous of you raptor guys.
2014_KR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 12:41 AM   #3

Pirate is a very good resource, however, a lot of the information on there is more for 4x4's rather than "desert" vehicles. They do have a "4-link" calculator, but I'm more interested in actual experience with the 09-14 F150 platform rather than the basics of a 4-link (which I mostly understand).

I'm looking to build a daily driver capable of doing double duty as a weekend desert toy... lots of suspension travel. The market place is filled with LT front kits for these trucks, but the rear seems neglected.

Oh... and I don't have a Raptor... I have a 2011 FX4 Eco SCrew.
1ntheoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:53 PM   #4

Brenthel (bajakits) makes a long travel leaf kit
http://www.bajakits.com/product/baja...kit-rear-only/
note, they also make a long travel front kit. Pricey but good stuff.

4-link will mostly be way overkill for what you want, theyre geared more towards offroad/race only. Not to say it cant be driven on the street but there are trade offs in everything.

2011 GMC 2500hd 6.6L Duramax CCLB, too many mods to list but its a towing beast
2014_KR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2014, 07:53 PM