Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2017 Raptor light bar

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 07:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question 2017 Raptor light bar

Hi guys,

I'm new to the offroad stuff but since I fell in love with the 2017 Raptor, I decided to hop the wagon 😜 Pun intended.

So I was thinkin of beefing it up a bit with some offroad stuff and decided for some parts like:

Ironcross HD front and rear bumpers:http://www.ironcrossautomotive.com
A warren 12000 pound front winch.

And some light bars sitting on top. Problem is I don't know what to get?

Can you guys help me up with some suggestions? I'm looking for both reliability and power (in lumens). Money is not an issue. I just want the best.

As of this writing I remembered Clarkson's comment about the Henessey Velociraptor "collpased sun" if u know what i mean!

Cheers and God bless!
Old 08-31-2016, 01:41 AM

Received 170 Likes on 122 Posts

http://www.addictivedesertdesigns.co...front-bumpers/
Old 08-31-2016, 03:00 AM

I just put a 54 inch bar on my 150. It's throw 24,960 lumens. I'm super impressed with it so far. There are more expensive and brighter bars, but for the money I'm super happy with it.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Darkside1k

I just put a 54 inch bar on my 150. It's throw 24,960 lumens. I'm super impressed with it so far. There are more expensive and brighter bars, but for the money I'm super happy with it.
It is smth like this i'm looking for. Can you please point me to some better alternative in terms of light output?
Old 09-09-2016, 06:40 PM

Rigid makes some really exspensive lights. Not sure the out put since the cost is so high theres really no reason to even look at the specs of em...least for me anyway. Rough country also makes a 52 inch bar that throws, i think, 27,000 lumens.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:57 PM

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

I use a company called plashlights. It's a Texas based company. Been using their products for about 5 years now. Beyond pleased with them. It's a top notch product for a reasonable price. The best one they have is their XX series. They have a 50" one that you can get in straight or curved that puts out 31,500 lumens for 900 bucks when paired with the 5w bulbs instead of their standard 3w bulbs. It's the only light bar company I'll use.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:57 AM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrei_D
Hi guys,

I'm new to the offroad stuff but since I fell in love with the 2017 Raptor, I decided to hop the wagon 😜 Pun intended.

So I was thinkin of beefing it up a bit with some offroad stuff and decided for some parts like:

Ironcross HD front and rear bumpers:http://www.ironcrossautomotive.com
A warren 12000 pound front winch.

And some light bars sitting on top. Problem is I don't know what to get?

Can you guys help me up with some suggestions? I'm looking for both reliability and power (in lumens). Money is not an issue. I just want the best.

As of this writing I remembered Clarkson's comment about the Henessey Velociraptor "collpased sun" if u know what i mean!

Cheers and God bless!
I have another passion, which is offroading on my Polaris RZR. When I decided I needed a light bar, I went to my RZR forum for advice....what I found is that a LOT of folks were buying and providing excellent reviews on lights from Amazon for a fraction of the money of others like Rigid.

First, let me say, that I'm a firm believer in buying American made products when I can and when quality really matters.......As I believe you truly get what you pay for! However, most light bars are made overseas anyway or at least parts of them are and then assembled in the US.

Long story, I purchased a 32" light bar for my RZR for $69 off of Amazon and another $29 for a wiring loom and switch and I couldn't be happier. A lot of the guys on the RZR forum have been running this light for over 5 years without issue and they're just as bright or as close to all the other brands. So...spent $500, 700 or more on a light bar or spend a $100.

Your call.
Old 09-15-2016, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Cotton24
I use a company called plashlights. It's a Texas based company. Been using their products for about 5 years now. Beyond pleased with them. It's a top notch product for a reasonable price. The best one they have is their XX series. They have a 50" one that you can get in straight or curved that puts out 31,500 lumens for 900 bucks when paired with the 5w bulbs instead of their standard 3w bulbs. It's the only light bar company I'll use.
Wicked man! Thanks! I saw that light bar and it's a contender for sure! Wonder what works best for a 2017 Raptor: straight or curved?
Old 09-15-2016, 10:27 AM
Banned

Received 515 Likes on 451 Posts

We sell AuxBeam and Rigid lights. AuxBeam seem to be more popular because they produce as much lumen as the Rigid but for a fraction of the cost. We use their 5D light bars, which are on their higher end. They have features like an evaporation valve that lets out moisture/high pressure to prevent water from getting in your lights. They include a wiring harness as well.

Rigid is like the BMW of the light bar world. Everybody knows them, they work great, made in America, but cost a lot of money. Good stuff though.

We also sell all sorts of light bar mounts. For the 2017 Raptor we imagine they'll use the same 54" Curved Bar mounts as the 2016, since it's pretty much the same body style.

If your Raptor does not come with LED Headlights you should look into upgrading those as well (I imagine the Raptor WOULD though from the factory).

Send me a PM if you need help deciding. Here is our 2015 demo truck to maybe give you some ideas on what to do... everything shown on the truck we offer

Old 09-15-2016, 04:18 PM

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrei_D
Wicked man! Thanks! I saw that light bar and it's a contender for sure! Wonder what works best for a 2017 Raptor: straight or curved?
When it all comes down to it... It'll probably depend on how you plan on mounting the light. On a bumper, chase rack, or on a mount above your front windshield.

Another thing they do is headlight replacement bulbs as well. They make 40w ones to replace the factory bulbs. You might be interested in that as well.

The XX series light bars are also build to the same toughness specs as the rigid light bars. So they are water proof and tough as nails. I know fishing guides that run them on their boats. They love them and haven't had any issues.

Last edited by Cotton24; 09-15-2016 at 04:22 PM.

Quick Reply: 2017 Raptor light bar