Topic Sponsor
Ford Raptor Forum This is the discussion area for the F150 Raptor.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 raptor?

Old 07-24-2014, 05:29 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts

Default 2011 raptor?

Question for the raptor guy's, I have a possible deal on a loaded 2011 with around 19,000 to 20,000 miles.
Were there any problem's or anything i should check or worry about on the early truck's?
Any help would be appreciated.
Old 07-24-2014, 03:33 PM

Received 156 Likes on 113 Posts

That year was the 6.2L and not much as far as I know has changed. Most common check is to get underneath and check real good if its been off-road. The rear frame was strengthen in later years due to whoops and jumping issues so check if its bent. If its on mid perch than it probably has a better chance that it was used for off-roading. Take it to a mechanic too
Old 07-25-2014, 05:47 AM

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I had an '11 Raptor Supercab, only issue I ever had was the driveshaft "clunk" issue.

The driveshaft was replaced under a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) that was issued by Ford, had it done when the truck had less than 10000 km (6000 miles) on it .

Drove it to 50000 km with no further problems.

I'm guessing if there had been an issue, the previous owner might have addressed it, but if you're looking at one, definitely take it for a test drive.

Otherwise, go for it, the Raptor is so sweet your face will hurt from the permanent grin thats on it every time you fire it up.
Old 07-26-2014, 10:59 PM

Thank's guy's.
I plan on taking it for the day an checking all the normal stuff for a used truck, suppose to be a powder puff babied it's whole life but ive heard that before lol, its suppose to traded wed or thu this week so we'll see.
Old 09-01-2014, 10:47 PM

Update on the powder puff lol. After waiting 5 week's it was a work truck with 40k on it an pretty rough shape. So i bit the bullet an instead of looking longer an traveling i bought local. A loaded 14 RR SE. Not my prefered color but i bought it cheaper at Machens than i could of anywhere else. They are a volume dealer. And it helpes when they want you to have the truck lol.
Old 09-02-2014, 07:23 PM

Received 156 Likes on 113 Posts

Congrats on the new purchase if I read that right. How much less than MSRP did you get it?
Heard this late in the game that just getting MSRP is okay, some are marking them up from $5k to $15k over.
Old 09-02-2014, 08:48 PM
It's an ID10T error sir!

Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts

Congrats! Man...every time I look at my black raptor with black wheels...i say...Hmmm too much black...maybe I should've gone ruby red or blue flame (I won't do anything but black wheels)...lol...I've done this with every car or truck I've ever bought and always ended up with black or dark gray...but RR is a beautiful color and at the top of my list when I was looking.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by RDFTS
Congrats on the new purchase if I read that right. How much less than MSRP did you get it?
Heard this late in the game that just getting MSRP is okay, some are marking them up from $5k to $15k over.
Thank's Well i paid sticker but the GM gave quite abit in other way's. Yeah i mentioned that an he said some dealer's or getting in trouble for that or exporting them?
Old 09-03-2014, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by SlimChaChi
Congrats! Man...every time I look at my black raptor with black wheels...i say...Hmmm too much black...maybe I should've gone ruby red or blue flame (I won't do anything but black wheels)...lol...I've done this with every car or truck I've ever bought and always ended up with black or dark gray...but RR is a beautiful color and at the top of my list when I was looking.
Thank's I love the RR but prefer the blue interior over the red. I wanted the blue or silver but could not find any within 3oo miles an nobody want's to dealer trade.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:41 AM
It's an ID10T error sir!

Received 97 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by chlngfyo2

Thank's I love the RR but prefer the blue interior over the red. I wanted the blue or silver but could not find any within 3oo miles an nobody want's to dealer trade.
I did the same. I ordered a black with blue and the SE came in before mine. The red is growing on me though. I prefer the interior panels and center console of the SE vs the blue. But the blue does look great.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2011 raptor?