Topic Sponsor

y cant i bypass my smog pump?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 08:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default y cant i bypass my smog pump?

i have a 93 f150 5.0 and i tried to bypass my smog pump and the belt doesnt have enough tention i kno wat u r thinkin go with a smaller belt but a 91in belt wouldnt fit and a 91 1/8 wouldnt fit in my opinion a smog pump is useless un less u have cats which i dont but my friend bvypassed his on his 89 bronco same motor but his belt tensioner is on the top were mine is on the side any body got any suggestions
Old 10-25-2010, 11:07 PM
Kill em all

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They make a pulley kit that replaces the smog pump.
Attached Images  
Old 10-26-2010, 08:11 PM

Default sweet one more question

were could i find that pulley
Old 10-26-2010, 11:46 PM
Kill em all

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Another note is make sure that the ones that I sent you will work on a truck. Pretty sure the engines were set up the same.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:08 PM

i think they mount the same but i dont know if they pulley will align up right as far as in and out wise i dont know if the depth of the smog pumkps are the same got any ideas as far as that goes
Old 11-09-2010, 01:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Goodmorning
My truck still has that silly piece of useless aluminium( until next week hahaha) It must be an invention by a big, fat, Al Gore's asskissing senator, well, let Fat Al dilute his own farts but not my exhaust gasses !!! The inlet of the pipe in the exhaust is situated after the cat, so , have a flametorch , remove it and let's throw itt out to Al,s head. (you mention that geopolitics made that man here a clown ).
The pipes and hose are making it not easy to change your sparkplugs and there is more to remove!! The carboncannister which takes the damp from the fueltanks is gonna swim here in the canal also ( so to speak) Because of my LPG injection I got a smaller K&n filter instead of that huge , plastic mousehole. The more space under de hood, the easier to maintain.

Well, have to go to work!
greetzz Ton

Quick Reply: y cant i bypass my smog pump?