Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > Engine / Drivetrain Talk > 8 Cylinder Engines
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 09-27-2012, 11:15 PM   #1

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default 351 build

hey guys, tonight i went and bought myself a 351 windsor out of a 95 truck, its going into my 1996 f150. Anyway I was told its only got 60,000 miles because it was out of a truck that rotted out. its got a new pan on it. but Before i install it i'd like to get more power out of it because this is going in my street truck. i was thinking about doing the GT40 heads with a valve job, i'd like to put a cam in it (maybe a mild thump cam) idk i'd like to have a nice lope to it, but not too bad as to make it un-driveable. The motor didn't come with the upper intake so should i look for like a mustang one? how about bigger injectors?? i also want to put a larger BBK 61mm TB. But if i get a mustang upper intake would that work? i just have a bunch of unanswered questions about making power. could you guys help me out!?
thanks
Zac
Old 10-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #2

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

so ive been doing some reading and some thinking, and i am pretty much positive i want to go with a 393 stroker, or a 408 stroker kit, then i want to put a nice cam in it with some heads and the edelbrock upper and lower victor intake. what kind of heads should i get? i know im going to need new injectors too what size should i get for those? help me out guys!!
Old 10-03-2012, 11:06 AM