Topic Sponsor

'97 oil pan removal

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 11:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '97 oil pan removal

Hey guys Sorry but for the most part I'm a Chevy guy( my Father worked for them for 25 yrs) I owned a Repo company for 10 yrs and fell in love with the '97 F150's when they came out. So i know tons about Chevys little about Fords. So my question is this on the '97 F150 V6 can I change rods bearings without pulling the motor?
I have a light rod knock and need to tidy up down there before it becomes a problem. So can I pull the pan without pulling the motor? Or possibly undo the motor mounts and lift it up enough to do the job?
I have the tools and ability, just lack the experience with this model.
Thanks in advance
SRAD
Old 11-08-2010, 12:13 AM
Meaner than Ymeski

Received 819 Likes on 468 Posts

wellim thinking you can pull the pan without pulling motor... i cant really remember but i know you can on my 08... i have a 02 and i just cant remember if you can or not
Old 12-09-2010, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My research into this indicates that you need to be able to lift the engine up a few inches. Basic instructions are disconnect everything including motor mounts, leave the transmission intact as it will "swivel" up a bit before it stops you, and use an engine hoist to lift upwards because a floor jack would damage the part it is under.

Quick Reply: '97 oil pan removal