Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

why i am switching to belltech

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2012, 12:19 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default why i am switching to belltech

I have heard rumors for years about the quality of djm and seen/read mixed opinions. however this time I have encountered my own issue with djm. I dropped my 89 and used djm's flip bracket for the 5" rear drop. Well I decided to go through the rear-end and start cleaning it up. I was having pinion angle issues before and I including others thought I was having axle wrap and possibly worn out u-bolts or not a thick enough spring plate. Well after getting everything out of the truck and about to start putting it all back together I see my flip brackets look like this.

Lol they were all perfect 90* angles straight. Called djm and their tech guy "mike" the ol' grouch was like "oh, uhh never heard of that happening and dont know what to tell me." I bought them from Stylintrucks but they are never to thrilled about replacing a broken product.
Old 01-26-2012, 12:23 AM

supposed to be a 90* angle and its 84.5*

Old 01-26-2012, 06:50 AM

Received 111 Likes on 77 Posts

Even though I dislike DJM and their products, the Belltech flip kits will do the same thing. That's why some people insist on when flipping the axle to weld spring perches on the side your flipping to. It's not a really good design.
Old 01-27-2012, 09:48 AM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Have you ever thought about going on air? Maybe some Shockwaves and run them thru a Shrader valve. That way you still have the static drop without worrying about the compressor and whole set up. I'm about use the Belltech rear drop kit, but eventually I think I'm gonna go the air route.
Old 01-27-2012, 05:30 PM

yeah ive had many bagged vehicles before. They all rode like crap. I like static drop stuff. This same truck has had helper bags on a shrader valve system. Even with that they leaked to much.

Quick Reply: why i am switching to belltech