Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

What air bags to use with flip kit

Old 11-13-2011, 11:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default What air bags to use with flip kit

I plan on doing a djm/bell tech etc rear flip kit in a year or so. In the mean time I want to add air springs. What set up will work with these. I see Firestone and airlift kits are popular. Will they work with these lowering kits?
Old 11-14-2011, 12:30 AM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Received 114 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Rubicon35
I plan on doing a djm/bell tech etc rear flip kit in a year or so. In the mean time I want to add air springs. What set up will work with these. I see Firestone and airlift kits are popular. Will they work with these lowering kits?

Nope will not work
Old 11-14-2011, 10:29 AM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I know on most of the chevy trucks guys use the helper bag set ups on lowered trucks with very little modification. Some are direct bolt in.

An axle flip is a fairly large drop so I would imagin most any kit would need some modification. If you have a little bit of time and a welder you should be able to make it work with ease.

Good luck.
Old 11-14-2011, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by DJM/BELLTECH DIRECT
Nope will not work
what is this guy using then? its a new body style f150 with a flip kit and bags? look 3/4 down page 1

https://www.f150forum.com/f4/need-he...height-115914/
Old 11-14-2011, 10:45 AM

what about using a 2 inch drop leaf? I can use the bag kits with that correct?
I already put in the djm 2 inch rear shackle? how well do the springs do compared to stock? stiffer, softer? load capacity? any you would suggest djmdirect?

also for the front for a 2-3 inch drop, what is my best riding option? i know i can use drop coil, spindle, lower ca, or a drop strut. id like to keep the closest to factory ride and alignment specs. i have 20's so clearance is a non issue and ill buy a cheapo 20" wheel for a spare if i go the spindle route
Old 11-14-2011, 11:08 AM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

due to the flip kit a much shorter bag is needed and different brackets
Old 11-14-2011, 06:30 PM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

http://4wheelonline.com/Products.asp...oductID=258381

These are air bags just for lowered trucks look nice.thinking about getting my self a set
Old 11-14-2011, 06:39 PM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Originally Posted by shaynecsmith
http://4wheelonline.com/Products.asp...oductID=258381

These are air bags just for lowered trucks look nice.thinking about getting my self a set
ive used the airlift on many 04 ups. But just need to stress to people 5 inch drop you need different bags then 4 inch drop or less.
Old 11-14-2011, 06:41 PM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Originally Posted by Rubicon35
what about using a 2 inch drop leaf? I can use the bag kits with that correct?
I already put in the djm 2 inch rear shackle? how well do the springs do compared to stock? stiffer, softer? load capacity? any you would suggest djmdirect?

also for the front for a 2-3 inch drop, what is my best riding option? i know i can use drop coil, spindle, lower ca, or a drop strut. id like to keep the closest to factory ride and alignment specs. i have 20's so clearance is a non issue and ill buy a cheapo 20" wheel for a spare if i go the spindle route

leafs you will lose lots of tow capacity.

in rear i would just put the stock shackles in and do a 4 inch flip kit and your done. More than enough travel to tow.

in rear if you do the 4 inches i would do the djm front 2 inch a arms (will drop it about 2.25 inches) and will align fine.

i wouldnt do spindles pushes tires out in front makes rears look sunken.

Also if your truck has higher miles on it I would do the frnot belltech drop struts. they are adjustable from 0-3 inches and ride great.

Anything else just hollar ive done many of these trucks won't steer you wrong
Old 11-14-2011, 06:59 PM

i only have 55k miles. the eiback rear leafs will hurt towing? i would plan on doing airbags regardless of flip kit or leaf springs. at first i was really inclined on doing the flip kit but the more i look at it i think i want leafs. I already have the 2 inch shackles so if i do the eibachs i can have 4 or 5 drop depending on what hole i put the leaf in on the shackle. I am planning some type of power adder within a year or 2 as well and will need traction bars as well. something the flip kit would put a damper on.

for the front could i just go with the belltech adjustable struts and put them on -2 inches?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What air bags to use with flip kit