Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

? For those with 2" drop shackles....

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 06:52 AM
Silent Service

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question ? For those with 2" drop shackles....

Had the front Belltech drop struts, rear Street Performance shocks, 2 degree pinion shims installed yesterday as well as dropping the shackles from the 1.5" position to the 2" position.

There is one negative thing I noticed.....when going over the speed bumps I go over every day it seems the rear does not droop as quickly as it used to meaning the rear "drops" down on the backside of the speed bump with a thud instead of absorbing the drop like the rear is not moving as freely as it did in the 1.5" position. My only thought right now is that the tech may have over-tightened the bolts on the shackles and it is not allowing them the swing and let the springs flex.

Anyone else notice this with your shackles?

*****EDIT**** Looks like I need to tap over the pinch welds on the bottom of the bed. Judging by the witness marks on the bed it appears the top of the shackle is hitting it when the suspension drops down.

Last edited by modular; 01-18-2012 at 10:12 AM. Reason: Added observation
Old 01-19-2012, 12:28 PM
Silent Service

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK, so it is not the shackles hitting the bed. It feels like the shocks may be topping out but I have the correct model Belltech Street Performance shocks on the truck for the 2" drop.

Quick Reply: ? For those with 2" drop shackles....