Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

Suspension ? for ya...

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 11:03 AM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Suspension ? for ya...

i posted this in 2009 and up forum as well but no responses so i figured i throw it in here too.

ok, so i was told dropping the rear of my (2010) truck 2" will alter the pinion angle and could possible cause damage to the drivetrain. wouldn't this be the same thing if i simply loaded stuff in the bed and rode around all the time as well? if say i put 300lbs back there and the truck sat level, isn't the pinion angle changed then too? i am trying to understand my dealer's reasoning for telling me this. i just think they didn't want to mess with it to be honest. i have had other trucks with drop shackles on them and absolutely no problems. what gives?

i do have a 2 piece driveshaft as well. so will i need pinion shims? i don't want any vibration.
Old 05-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Big Silver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

your driveshaft doesnt have to be perfect theres is a little wiggle room, but essentially adding weight and dropping the back do the same thing really.

when we static dropped my ranger with a flip kit we just turned the axle until the pinion angle was where it needed to be.

Last edited by Mattingly; 05-05-2011 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-05-2011, 12:12 PM
I NOM NOM NOM Threads...

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Closed thread as we don't need multiple posts of same thread. Thanks

Quick Reply: Suspension ? for ya...