Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

Perfect 2015+ Lowering setup???

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2016, 01:34 PM

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Question Perfect 2015+ Lowering setup???

I am going to lower my 2015 SCrew Lariat Sport. But I am undecided on which kit OR parts to use. I am leaning towards the setup below, please let me know your thoughts on why to, or why not to go this route.

Front - Belltech Struts - I think they would be best for their adjustability. I'm not a huge fan of coils, nor control arms.

Rear - Crown 5" Flip Kit - I have seen a couple trucks with this setup in person and thought it was the perfect height for the rear. Not sure I want the 5.5" that the Belltech offers.

Which shocks should I go with? The ones that Crown offers to go with this flip kit, or the Belltechs to match the valving of their front struts?

Thanks,

Chris
Old 08-19-2016, 08:24 AM

Everything has arrived and the install will start later today. Here is what I have decided for now.

Front - Belltech Struts. I went with these because of the adjustability. If I want to raise a half of an inch (or more) in the future I can.

Rear - Crown Suspension 5" flip kit. I went with this for a couple different reasons. I wanted the 5" drop instead of the 5.5" from Belltech or the 6" from DJM. I also did not want to re-locate the center carrier bearing mount that Belltech requires with their flip kit. Crown uses a different angle for the rear axle to offset this. I decided to utilize the Belltech lowering shocks to match the valving of the front strut setup.

Also my new 22" wheels and tires should arrive Monday or Tuesday of next week!

I'll let everyone know how it goes and will post pics once it is done.
Old 08-23-2016, 08:58 AM

The drop is done. I have to say that I am only semi happy with the outcome as of now. I will be working out the bugs in the near future.

The install went well. Not too difficult other than the grinding of the alignment slots for the lower control arms up front. What a pain while laying on your back under the truck.

My biggest complaint is the rear. It looks great, is pretty much level...but it bottoms out on big bumps. And driving downtown for work there are quite a few big bumps in the road. This will be the issue I work to address next. I will be looking to add a helper bag setup. I think I am going to go with the SlamAir setups for the 09-14 F-150 and modify it to fit as needed.

Here are a couple of pictures with the stock wheels still on it. The 22" Dub Cheddas should arrive today.
Attached Thumbnails Perfect 2015+ Lowering setup???-lowered-2.jpg   Perfect 2015+ Lowering setup???-lowered-3.jpg  
The following 3 users liked this post by CACRanger:
BDASPNY (08-26-2021), dirtmod30 (08-28-2021), Jamis Jamison (08-23-2022)
Old 08-24-2016, 01:31 AM

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I think it looks great what do you have the front drop set @? Also do u think a 4" drop in the back would help with the bottoming out?
Old 08-24-2016, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by 2016RedRcsb
I think it looks great what do you have the front drop set @? Also do u think a 4" drop in the back would help with the bottoming out?
The front is set all the way down at 3".

I think a 4" drop in the rear could have really helped with the bottoming out. The truck never really bottoms out hard, so that extra inch might be exactly what is needed.

Honestly, I was on the fence between going to the 4" kit from Crown OR adding a helper bag setup, after I drove mine around a bit. I just feel that the helper bag setup would work better for me so that I can add air when I load my dirt bikes in the bed or hookup a trailer.

I'll have some new pics with the new wheels shortly.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:52 PM

Here is a quick picture with the new wheels. It still needs an alignment and a bath. But I like it a lot so far.
Attached Thumbnails Perfect 2015+ Lowering setup???-image-1508686478.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
dirtmod30 (08-28-2021)
Old 08-28-2016, 08:37 PM

Received 38 Likes on 31 Posts

truck looks great. You now have me eyeballing the crown flip kit instead of new leaf springs. Lot cheaper overall.

perfect wheel choice. dub's price/look ratio is hard to beat. picking up directa's for my 06 FX4
Old 08-25-2021, 11:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CACRanger
The drop is done. I have to say that I am only semi happy with the outcome as of now. I will be working out the bugs in the near future.

The install went well. Not too difficult other than the grinding of the alignment slots for the lower control arms up front. What a pain while laying on your back under the truck.

My biggest complaint is the rear. It looks great, is pretty much level...but it bottoms out on big bumps. And driving downtown for work there are quite a few big bumps in the road. This will be the issue I work to address next. I will be looking to add a helper bag setup. I think I am going to go with the SlamAir setups for the 09-14 F-150 and modify it to fit as needed.

Here are a couple of pictures with the stock wheels still on it. The 22" Dub Cheddas should arrive today.

did you rub any with the stock wheels on ?

Quick Reply: Perfect 2015+ Lowering setup???