Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

Lowering Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 04:54 PM

Received 32 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Lowering Question

i am new here so go easy on me. i pick up my 2010 supercab xlt tomorrow, and i want it lowered first, before anything else. i really like the Belltech system with the adjustable struts, however, i don't really want a 5" drop in the rear. i was thinking maybe 4" instead, or even a simple 2" shackle. i like a raked look with the right wheels. at any rate, i have heard that lowering these trucks messes with the pinion angle and carrier bearings? i don't want to mess up my warranty, or my brand new truck. does anybody know if it will cause any problems if i lower it? i will be using it to haul stuff with, probably 1000lbs at times or more. i really need some suggestions and help! also, if anybody knows of somewhere to get this work done in winston salem, nc that would be helpful too. Thanks!
Old 08-24-2010, 05:39 PM
ℳℴↁ℮ℜ@大☢®

Received 47 Likes on 11 Posts

well the flip kits that I've been looking at (Belltech, DJM, etc.) allow you to adjust the pinion angle when the kit's installed, so that's covered during the install

I think a 2" drop is the most you can get from a shackle kit

Flip kits will net about 5"

if you want 4", I think you'll have to do a flip kit to drop it the 5", but then install 1" lift shackles as well to bring it back up 1", thus giving you a 4" drop in the end
Old 08-24-2010, 07:09 PM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Received 114 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by 10Supercab
i am new here so go easy on me. i pick up my 2010 supercab xlt tomorrow, and i want it lowered first, before anything else. i really like the Belltech system with the adjustable struts, however, i don't really want a 5" drop in the rear. i was thinking maybe 4" instead, or even a simple 2" shackle. i like a raked look with the right wheels. at any rate, i have heard that lowering these trucks messes with the pinion angle and carrier bearings? i don't want to mess up my warranty, or my brand new truck. does anybody know if it will cause any problems if i lower it? i will be using it to haul stuff with, probably 1000lbs at times or more. i really need some suggestions and help! also, if anybody knows of somewhere to get this work done in winston salem, nc that would be helpful too. Thanks!

ive done about 15 2010 models and there are no issues. hell ive done tons of 09s and its the same set up.

As for warranty what gets voided is front shocks due to you chaning them out and in rear the shocks. the kits you can dial in the pinion angle also.

Anything else just hollar

Quick Reply: Lowering Question