Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

Lowering installation

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2009, 04:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Lowering installation

I know im probably overlooking this but I couldnt find a step by step guide on how to lower a truck. I am only interested in lowering my truck 2 inches with shackles and springs. Would this be possible?
Old 12-22-2009, 09:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yep' u will have to buy them seperate. 2" springs and the 2" shackles (i got mine from orilies for $40). or to level it u could get hangers/shackles, a flip kit w/ 1-2" lift shackles, or the roush lowering leafspring pack. there is a nice (like $1600) kit on dallas craigslist for $800 obo. its a 2/4, ill post it up for u. its well worth the $$$. i want it but im goin 3/5, but i will have some x-tra drop shackles if u need them, in about a week.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/1478287949.html
it has new leafsprings and the front swea bar. look the kit up new from roush, its the most expensive one sold
Old 12-22-2009, 12:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So are you just wanting to lower the truck 2" in the rear? If so just install some drop shackles. You will have to trim the underside of the bed were they spot weld the floor together as it is right above the shackles and they will hit the bed floor.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by dailydragger
yep' u will have to buy them seperate. 2" springs and the 2" shackles (i got mine from orilies for $40). or to level it u could get hangers/shackles, a flip kit w/ 1-2" lift shackles, or the roush lowering leafspring pack. there is a nice (like $1600) kit on dallas craigslist for $800 obo. its a 2/4, ill post it up for u. its well worth the $$$. i want it but im goin 3/5, but i will have some x-tra drop shackles if u need them, in about a week.
http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/pts/1478287949.html
it has new leafsprings and the front swea bar. look the kit up new from roush, its the most expensive one sold
Im definitely interested in the drop shackles. I'll even pay for the shipping! I went to www.roushperformance.com and saw that their basic "stage 1" package consists of a front 2" drop and 3" rear drop. that is exactly what i want to do. I didnt know if i could achieve this by only installing drop shackles and coil springs. I dont have much money due to the holidays.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by mmalcolm24
So are you just wanting to lower the truck 2" in the rear? If so just install some drop shackles. You will have to trim the underside of the bed were they spot weld the floor together as it is right above the shackles and they will hit the bed floor.
I would like to have a 3" drop in the rear. Do you know if there is a write up with instruccions on how to do this? Im completely in the dark on how to do it but i am mechanicaly inclined and hard headed enough to make it work. LOL!!
Old 12-22-2009, 08:54 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mmalcolm24
I just installed mcgaughy shackles and jumped on the bumper as hard as I could and still had 1/4 inch clearance. And I weigh 280+
Old 12-22-2009, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah mine are not even close to my bed floor????????
Old 12-23-2009, 12:09 AM

Did you guys also install coil springs along with the shackles?
Old 12-23-2009, 12:12 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

nope.. And I really don't know the next step in lowering the front. No clue.
Old 12-23-2009, 01:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well on the GFs 06 when we installed belltech drop shackles it hit the pinch weld spots and i had to trim and bed them out of the way cause they rubbed bad. they are quite long ones.

Quick Reply: Lowering installation