Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

lowering front for best ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lowering front for best ride

ok ive seen and rad some threads on lowering and one question i have that i havent seen answered is what the best way to lower the front that has the best ride.i heard drop lower control arm becuase you still use your factory spring.i just wanted some opinions and also will just lower control arms do it do i need uppers and do i have to replace the shock.also im debating between a 2" and 4" drop.its also going on a expedition.thanks for any help and opinions
Old 11-12-2010, 02:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you go 2" you should be fine with the stock shocks. need a little more info on your truck to help you out more.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:55 AM
Ask about my Zombie plan

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you want to drop it 2" the cheapest route would be 2" drop springs. The control arms are good, but they're not too cheap to be honest. You don't need to replace the upper control arms when you use the lowered lower control arms.

If it were me, I'd start with the 2" springs. Most of the lowering springs improve handling along with lowering the stance 2". 2" drop springs from companies like Belltech, DJM ride just fine. So you're not going to lose any ride comfort. As far as the shocks go I'd suggest replacing even with a 2" drop. If money is tight, then you will be okay with the stock height shocks, but the lowered shocks make a nice improvement.

You didn't mention the rear. How much are you thinking of lowering the rear end? Perhaps 2/4 drop? That should look good. Not sure how low most people drop Expy's to be honest...

EDIT:
Damn I didn't realize this was an old *** thread. Oh well...

Last edited by Darth Bama; 11-12-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: DOH!

Quick Reply: lowering front for best ride