Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

Lower your truck; I'm paying!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 03:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lower your truck; I'm paying!!

Now that I got you here; If I was paying to lower your truck, what would you do? In other words, short of Baggin', how would you lower your truck on someone else's dime?

I finally managed to piece-meal a set of Saleen wheels together and am now looking to purchase some lowering components. This subject seems to be all over the map and there is not one clear favorite among F150 enthusiasts and I'm hoping this thread will make it more clear (maybe not though).
Money is really not an issue, I just want the best ride quality I can get with the best look and I really do not want to bother with bags either. I originally was towing with the truck, but that is no longer a requirement, so height and ride quality are the main focus with ride being the #1 priority.

I'm unclear on a couple subjects that are not discussed very often; c-notch, pinion angle and/or carrier bearing re-location. When do these things come into play; 2/4, 3/5 or...? If a c-notch is required for the 3/5, I may pass. It's a, '07 S-Cab FX2.

I also just found the Belltech drop spindles for my year, but haven't heard of anyone using them. I think the DJM spindles can be used as well, but again, VERY little information on these products and not even sure if they're available for my year, since I have never seen 07 listed, but thought I read someone had them on an 06/07 Lincoln. (I never got a response when I asked).

Will a 3/5 drop work with the Saleens? Is it better to go spindles, springs/shocks or both? If springs & shocks, which shocks, Blistein 5100's, Eibachs, etc.? Are some people running the 5100's on front AND rear?
My buddy used the McG flip kit on his Dodge and didn't recommend it at all. Is there a way to get more than 4" drop in the rear without a flip if I can even do the 3/5 drop?

Please share your knowlege and experience. My time in the States is limited and I would like the best solution the first time so I can enjoy my ride and not waste time trying something that has been proven not to work or be very good in the long-run.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions and opinions.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:29 AM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Received 114 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by jetpilot2
Now that I got you here; If I was paying to lower your truck, what would you do? In other words, short of Baggin', how would you lower your truck on someone else's dime?

I finally managed to piece-meal a set of Saleen wheels together and am now looking to purchase some lowering components. This subject seems to be all over the map and there is not one clear favorite among F150 enthusiasts and I'm hoping this thread will make it more clear (maybe not though).
Money is really not an issue, I just want the best ride quality I can get with the best look and I really do not want to bother with bags either. I originally was towing with the truck, but that is no longer a requirement, so height and ride quality are the main focus with ride being the #1 priority.

I'm unclear on a couple subjects that are not discussed very often; c-notch, pinion angle and/or carrier bearing re-location. When do these things come into play; 2/4, 3/5 or...? If a c-notch is required for the 3/5, I may pass. It's a, '07 S-Cab FX2.

I also just found the Belltech drop spindles for my year, but haven't heard of anyone using them. I think the DJM spindles can be used as well, but again, VERY little information on these products and not even sure if they're available for my year, since I have never seen 07 listed, but thought I read someone had them on an 06/07 Lincoln. (I never got a response when I asked).

Will a 3/5 drop work with the Saleens? Is it better to go spindles, springs/shocks or both? If springs & shocks, which shocks, Blistein 5100's, Eibachs, etc.? Are some people running the 5100's on front AND rear?
My buddy used the McG flip kit on his Dodge and didn't recommend it at all. Is there a way to get more than 4" drop in the rear without a flip if I can even do the 3/5 drop?

Please share your knowlege and experience. My time in the States is limited and I would like the best solution the first time so I can enjoy my ride and not waste time trying something that has been proven not to work or be very good in the long-run.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions and opinions.
replied to your email.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:44 AM
DIY

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

if somebody else if paying, and if i liked lowered trucks, this will be the way i will go:
http://www.streetsource.com/forum/11...pped-F150.html

this was first refered in this other thread:https://www.f150forum.com/f66/lets-s...35833/index21/
Old 11-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Raoul Duke

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if someone else were going to pay to lower a truck i had......id do the exact same thing that i have already done to mine. all belltech parts cept for the front springs which are eibach. rides great and sits perfect for me (until i bag it haha)
Old 11-17-2010, 11:33 AM
BAMF CLUB MEMBER

BAG IT! ITS WORTH IT (tehe)
Old 11-17-2010, 01:12 PM
Raoul Duke

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im curious, what all do you plan on using the truck for and where are you going to be driving? mine has basically a 5/7 on it, but i still tow...have bikes in the back...and use it as a truck (not as much since it was shaved and re painted). the ride quality is fantastic. belltech makes great parts, and the c notch made a huge difference. i know alot of people dont want to cut into the frame of their truck, but its not really as bad as it seems. the c notch kit that i got from belltech is wicked...no problems
Old 11-18-2010, 02:02 AM

Default Thanks

I was beginning to think no one visited this forum! That truck is sick and I would do the exact same thing if I was showing it...

I have a trailer, but won't for long, so towing is no longer necessary. I will be using the truck as a daily driver with occasional small loads in the bed.

I talked to Tony and he gave me some great advice. It looks like I will be going with DJM parts; 2/5 with shocks. That should be just about right with my Saleens. I should be getting the wheels and tires installed within the next two weeks, and then the kit installed the first or second week of Dec. The only bad part is; I won't be home to enjoy it until after the new year! :-(
Old 11-18-2010, 02:06 AM

Here it is now, will post pics when it's done.

Last edited by jetpilot2; 11-18-2010 at 08:11 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:24 AM
BAMF Club

Received 103 Likes on 94 Posts

Thats going to look good. You should tint your front windows soon though
Old 11-18-2010, 08:11 AM

Default Tint!

Originally Posted by ak_cowboy
Thats going to look good. You should tint your front windows soon though
I think so too!!!!

Regarding the windows... They are tinted! :-(
VA has a law about tint on the front windows and that's the darkest they can be and still be legal. My last car that came from NC was tinted dark and I never got stopped, so maybe I'll do it anyways!

Quick Reply: Lower your truck; I'm paying!!