Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

Flip kit ?

Old 04-05-2010, 06:46 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Default Flip kit ?

Wanting some edumacation on flip kits.

DJM/Beltech were you at, your assistance is needed. figured you would Know best.

I saw you wrote about the frames being strong enough when doing a C-notch, which was one of my questions.

Have you ever seen one that did split? I've heard of one snapping on a lightning going down the 1320.

My main ? is do they make a flip kit that can handle alot of abuse. I Didn't have a problem with my 96, but it also only had like 250rwhp

3-5 on 18's

Now on my harley the flip kit started rounding themselves, I've seen the flip kit componets get demolished around the 600hp+ range.

4-6 on 22's

Now I'm not near that power level yet, but i was just wondering what my options were.

I've takin the drop off of the harley, and installing a better set-up for the track. Next set up 3-5 gonna probably stay away from a flip-kit all together.

Anybodys advise is appreciated!

I actually see a bagged project coming in the future, I wanna throw sparks haha

Last edited by harley9703; 04-05-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 01:08 PM
Raoul Duke

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know you said the 600hp range, but im in the 400's and i havent had a problem with mine....yet haha. after i build the motor we shall see!

Old 12-28-2010, 12:40 AM

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by harley9703
Wanting some edumacation on flip kits.

DJM/Beltech were you at, your assistance is needed. figured you would Know best.

I saw you wrote about the frames being strong enough when doing a C-notch, which was one of my questions.

Have you ever seen one that did split? I've heard of one snapping on a lightning going down the 1320.

My main ? is do they make a flip kit that can handle alot of abuse. I Didn't have a problem with my 96, but it also only had like 250rwhp

3-5 on 18's

Now on my harley the flip kit started rounding themselves, I've seen the flip kit componets get demolished around the 600hp+ range.

4-6 on 22's

Now I'm not near that power level yet, but i was just wondering what my options were.

I've takin the drop off of the harley, and installing a better set-up for the track. Next set up 3-5 gonna probably stay away from a flip-kit all together.

Anybodys advise is appreciated!

I actually see a bagged project coming in the future, I wanna throw sparks haha
Man I was going through the same thing before I ordered my drop and what I'm gonna do is weld and bolt and dril some holes all over the notch and tack weld them.... I don't take chances haha
Old 12-28-2010, 04:36 AM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Received 114 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by shaynecsmith
Man I was going through the same thing before I ordered my drop and what I'm gonna do is weld and bolt and dril some holes all over the notch and tack weld them.... I don't take chances haha

with the djm or belltech rear notch i havent had issues and i have customers running low 11s with the djm flip kit no issues.

with 600 hp is about 500 at the wheels which is nothing crazy.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by DJM/BELLTECH DIRECT
with the djm or belltech rear notch i havent had issues and i have customers running low 11s with the djm flip kit no issues.

with 600 hp is about 500 at the wheels which is nothing crazy.
First off, I'm not doing a flip kit anymore. Their crap and I started seeing the stress from 420 RWHP on my street tune.

Let me find those pics I stored of the destruction, that can be caused by, 600 RWHP (I never speak of Crank Hp thats retarded, you cant drive your truck on an engine stand)

So with that said 700 Crank HP and running mid 10's, I wouldn't suggest anyone run a flip kit, plus you get a *****ier E.T.

If your doing a show truck (stupid, form over function never impressed me) and don't plan on pushing your truck than yeah I see no problems with a flip kit.

My next set-up consists of JDM drag springs up front with a coil cut

and belltech hangers and LFP shackles in the rear.

LFP gives you an extra 1" over the beltechs.

Just out of curiosity, what are some hangers going for? '03 Harley
Old 12-28-2010, 06:03 PM

I'm real blunt, so don't take it as me being a D i c k.

Honestly, i've been tossing around the idea of a 4-link and a 9" rearend

Figured If I'm gonna do another set-up and spend money I should only do it twice instead of 3 times.

The first being the 4/6 western chassis, kit
Old 12-28-2010, 07:20 PM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Originally Posted by harley9703
I'm real blunt, so don't take it as me being a D i c k.

Honestly, i've been tossing around the idea of a 4-link and a 9" rearend

Figured If I'm gonna do another set-up and spend money I should only do it twice instead of 3 times.

The first being the 4/6 western chassis, kit

ill give you a custmers e mail addy. he runs 11.20s on his ext cab f150 with a ford 9 inch and djm flip kit and i got him 305 45 18 drag rads and no probs at all. has a 3800 converter also with 4.10 gears and no issues with anything breaking.

as for racing i know how to make things hook and not damage anything.

perfect example my wifes tbss. 100 shot of nitrous cam and long tubes with a stall runs low 11s

I dont touch western chasie items but what is your pinion angle coming out of the trans compared to the pinion angle at the rear end set at?

Last edited by NORCAL SS; 12-28-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:31 AM
ℳℴↁ℮ℜ@大☢®

Received 47 Likes on 11 Posts

if you're pushing 700 hp, there shouldn't even be leaf springs under your truck

at 500, you should be considering a 3 or 4 link

of course this is only my opinion... and I base this on a few things. if you're climbing up and over 500 hp, you're serious about putting power to the ground, which means street slicks that you want to grab the pavement. and it's hard to get that much power to hook with the light back end of a truck with anything less than a fully adjustable setup

Last edited by iamsuperbleeder; 12-29-2010 at 02:35 AM.
Old 12-29-2010, 11:21 AM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder
if you're pushing 700 hp, there shouldn't even be leaf springs under your truck

at 500, you should be considering a 3 or 4 link

of course this is only my opinion... and I base this on a few things. if you're climbing up and over 500 hp, you're serious about putting power to the ground, which means street slicks that you want to grab the pavement. and it's hard to get that much power to hook with the light back end of a truck with anything less than a fully adjustable setup

man you guys need to be on performancetrucks.com lots of guys running over 600 to wheels on leaf spring set ups.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:04 PM

Iamsuperbleeder... leafs if you set it up right, can do whatever you want them to do. although I'm debating coilovers and a 4-link, I personally dont want to deal with leafs if I'm going into the suspension again

I know a guy in florida (lightning) that just ran a PB of
8.872@ 151.32 on Drag radials and all boost at that in the 1/4 with leaf springs

and belltech guy (forgot your SN) I love those rides, really quick stock too.

But I just dropped $15,000 in my Big truck right now so my slowass Harleys on the back burner for now. lets just say the big trucks gonna be as quick as the harley @ 600 rwhp and next year I'll start getting the harley deep into the 11's

But thats not what this thread is about, Flip kits are Junk for racing period. If I were to do one (and I'm not) I would weld the **** out of it.

The Guy I was talking about that demolished a flipkit was @ 600 rwhp and it happend the first day out in his truck.
He just deleted them 2weeks ago off photobucket.

I garantee you your friend Will change his set up if he plans on actually making his truck fast and putting it into the 10's or 9's

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Flip kit ?