Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

djm flip kit is a piece of crap

Old 04-10-2012, 07:41 PM

Received 23 Likes on 10 Posts

Default djm flip kit is a piece of crap

who designed it? a backyard hack? our leaf springs have 2 bolts in them for a reason.
Old 04-11-2012, 03:41 PM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Received 114 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by jbhill
who designed it? a backyard hack? our leaf springs have 2 bolts in them for a reason.
ive yet to have a problem with the rear kit and I have 04 up guys doing over 500 at wheels on some cases.

has the kit broken? did you have it fall apart? I've been installing the same kit since late 03 on 04 up trucks and yet have had a issue with a kit breaking buttttt if you have any issues please feel free to email tech@djmsuspension to voice your opinion.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:34 PM

no, i just dont like the way it is designed, i feel it could have ben more like the ranger style were it actually makes contact with the rear leafspring perch instead of letting it "float". have dual holes in it would keep it from twisting to, which is why the 04+ have 2 pins in the springs. that and the ford leaf spring bolts made me wana shoot the engineer who decided to put them in backwards.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:37 PM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

no, i just dont like the way it is designed, i feel it could have ben more like the ranger style were it actually makes contact with the rear leafspring perch instead of letting it "float". have dual holes in it would keep it from twisting to, which is why the 04+ have 2 pins in the springs. that and the ford leaf spring bolts made me wana shoot the engineer who decided to put them in backwards.
Once you tighten it down hols it fine. Both holes are not needed. Id understand if i saw people breaking stuff but with over 500 rwhp on drag radials and a 125 shot on 3 customers trucks and no issues with the pin breaking dont see a issue.

Trust me you want to see bad you should see the trailblazer upper a arms you have to bend out the entire fenderwell to change uppers becuase gm puts the body on the frame after the suspension bolts are all in.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:25 AM

I hate this flip kit. Do you have any pics of a belltech one? Mine has nothing but pinion shudder from 5-25 no matter what I did.
Old 04-13-2012, 12:41 AM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

I hate this flip kit. Do you have any pics of a belltech one? Mine has nothing but pinion shudder from 5-25 no matter what I did.

2 piece driveshaft?
Old 04-13-2012, 09:17 AM

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

I just installed the same kit.
I find it well made... I don't care about 1 or 2 holes.
the setup to kept the axle from turning/twisting is well made and strong.

I have the same shudder though..but this have nothing to do with the kit.
you need to ajust the pignon angle(which I need to find how exactly)
and maybe install a mgaughy bearing carrier relocator bracket to have the right angle all the way through.

I have a 2piece drive shaft too.

Just waiting on Tony for his advice on this.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:58 PM
LOW and SLOW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flip kit

Thanks Tony!!! I own an 08 FX2 and I did the 2/5 flip on 22x9.5 with 305/40/22's and I've had no issues with this kit... i had the 25 mph shudder cause pinion was off.. FIXED... the the rear shocks I installed upside down made the rear bounce.. FIXED... I also had to cut the tie rods as instructed so I would get perfect alignment.. so this kit is fine...
Old 04-15-2012, 09:06 PM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Originally Posted by metallic08
Thanks Tony!!! I own an 08 FX2 and I did the 2/5 flip on 22x9.5 with 305/40/22's and I've had no issues with this kit... i had the 25 mph shudder cause pinion was off.. FIXED... the the rear shocks I installed upside down made the rear bounce.. FIXED... I also had to cut the tie rods as instructed so I would get perfect alignment.. so this kit is fine...
people are going to have their issues on the kits. If I thought it was a issue I wouldnt carry it. This is why i dont touch eibach/western chasie/aim anymore. The djm and belltech items I had the best feedback on.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:52 PM

Ive added a 1/4 in space to the carrier bearing, removed the factory, adjusted the pinion angle till my ears hurt from the impact. The front shaft angle is correct, its either the rear end chattering in the flip kit( its on tight, trust me and seated)
Or its the leaf pack chattering from removing the front pin, or the angle is still off, but I can't adjust it any more. Plus I get a vibration depending on the road surface from 70-80 mph. It could be since I have air shocks, but Idk. I plan on getting a spring perch, setting the correct angle, welding it on,and throwing this pile of **** in the scrap trailer.
The following users liked this post:
AzXLTF (11-15-2016)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: djm flip kit is a piece of crap