Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

DJM 3/5 kit lowering questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2011, 09:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default DJM 3/5 kit lowering questions...

Hey Tony, I purchased/installed the kit last Oct on my 2010 Harley. Control arms/rear flip/Belltech shortened rear shocks.

As you can probably see in the pics, the truck "appears" to be lower in the rear. I measured the distance from the ground to the fenderwells in the front and rear...they were identical.

I have a few questions:

1) First of all, do you have a small C-notch available for the rear..?

The truck "bottoms out" on the shorty bump stops that were included in the kit. Not often but at least 3 or 4 times a week. AND since my Snugtop SL install yesterday, it has gotten worse. (twice yesterday on the way home). When this happens it shocks the suspension pretty badly and it destroys my smooth ride.

2) Should I lower the front more if a rear C is done...? If so, how should I do this...? Shorter springs/shorter shocks...? I'm really not wanting the truck much lower so my friend suggested helper bags in the rear...which I'm not 100% sure about the ride this will give me.

3) I gotta figure something out really soon because I'm cutting the bed tomorrow to do my 3-JL 12's in the bed and I'm sure this plus the enclosure will add 200 or so more lbs to the rear which will make my problem even worse.

Thanks for your help.

Esh.
Old 03-03-2011, 01:38 AM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Received 114 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by slow91
Hey Tony, I purchased/installed the kit last Oct on my 2010 Harley. Control arms/rear flip/Belltech shortened rear shocks.

As you can probably see in the pics, the truck "appears" to be lower in the rear. I measured the distance from the ground to the fenderwells in the front and rear...they were identical.

I have a few questions:

1) First of all, do you have a small C-notch available for the rear..?

The truck "bottoms out" on the shorty bump stops that were included in the kit. Not often but at least 3 or 4 times a week. AND since my Snugtop SL install yesterday, it has gotten worse. (twice yesterday on the way home). When this happens it shocks the suspension pretty badly and it destroys my smooth ride.

2) Should I lower the front more if a rear C is done...? If so, how should I do this...? Shorter springs/shorter shocks...? I'm really not wanting the truck much lower so my friend suggested helper bags in the rear...which I'm not 100% sure about the ride this will give me.

3) I gotta figure something out really soon because I'm cutting the bed tomorrow to do my 3-JL 12's in the bed and I'm sure this plus the enclosure will add 200 or so more lbs to the rear which will make my problem even worse.

Thanks for your help.

Esh.
in rear you can use the lifting hangers will lift it up 1 inch. I would do the lifting hangers and you should be set

2) belltech shocks are soft this is why i go with the djm shocks and the front is a 3.5 drop about i wouldn;t go lower.

I would start off with the rear 1 inch lifting shackles that will help and then move onto the djm shocks. I remember you said you wanted the belltech street performance shocks

as for c notch here you go
http://www.airbagit.com/product-p/cse-fo04xx.htm

Last edited by NORCAL SS; 03-03-2011 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:48 AM

Thanks for the reply and the link to the C-notch kits.

I'm going to contact you today or tomorrow about the lifting shackles. I probably won't need to do the C if I lift the rear a little.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:31 PM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

running boards look like they are on the floor lol
Old 03-03-2011, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by DJM/BELLTECH DIRECT
running boards look like they are on the floor lol
Lmao..everyone comments on that. But in my defense both of my girlfriends are 4' 11" so they're gonna stay on the truck...lol...

I'm only 5' 6" and I still tower over her wearing 5" heels...lol

Old 03-15-2011, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those lifting hangers should work - that's wat I have on my truck and it doesn't bottom out
Old 04-07-2011, 07:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What size tire are you running? Does it rub at all in the front?
Old 04-07-2011, 10:12 AM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Originally Posted by lowsinthe20s
What size tire are you running? Does it rub at all in the front?
hes running 275 55 20s its fine on that drop
Old 06-09-2011, 12:27 AM
Total Newb

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you end up notching it? Or did the lift shackle take care of it? I can't stand the "flat" stance of the 3/5 kit, so I want to get this figured out for future reference.
Old 06-09-2011, 12:31 AM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Originally Posted by City Slicker
Did you end up notching it? Or did the lift shackle take care of it? I can't stand the "flat" stance of the 3/5 kit, so I want to get this figured out for future reference.

heres the thing before you order a kit you need to do a few things. if you want the flat look you can get that just depends on the trucks. The main thing is some trucks have blocks on them and some dont. That is the main reason some have squat some dont. Before a customer orders a kit from me few thigns I go over with them.

the djm front a arms 2 inch will lower 2.25 and 3 inch will lower 3.25

now in rear if you have a block and do the 4 inch kit it will lower 5 inches since you remove the block when you flip the leafs under the axle.

but if you have no block now then the truck will lower 4 inches.

Quick Reply: DJM 3/5 kit lowering questions...