Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

Body Drop Info

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2010, 06:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Body Drop Info

I was wondering if anyone on the forum has an 04-08 body dropped 150 on here and if they could shed some light on what is really required for a body drop and how its done. So far all I really know is that the body mounts are just re-drilled and placed a little lower on the frame??
Old 07-09-2010, 09:09 AM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Not a worth the work involved. you would only get maybe 1/2 inch.... unless you start to cut out the floorboards to channel for the frame.

just look at how much space there is between the frame and the floor of your truck.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:46 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Two kinds of body drops. Standard floor, and raised floor.

Raised floor, you basically cut the horizontal part of the body(the cab floor and bed floor) from the shell. Drop the shell down and weld in the floor back to the shell x number of inches higher.

Standard floor, you build a notch into the body over the frame so that it fits over the frame and drops everything down x number of inches.

If you have more specific questions or any of this doesn't make sense ask and I will explain further.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:44 AM

you can do a traditional body drop by cutting your floor, sectioning your fire wall and back wall of the cab and welding in a filler plate. you can drop as much as you want like this until you hit rockers then cut your rockers off to lay doors. then there is a stock floor body drop (my fav but more work) stock floor you cut your frame off at the engine cradle and remake the whole frame out of like 2x4 steel. both will involve alot of work but are worth it in the end. check out s10forum.com they have alot of info on body dropping. granted there s10s being body dropped but it is the same concept.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:20 AM

I read about a few in sport truck (RIP) it don't seem as bad as it sounds. http://www.sporttruck.com/techarticl...rop/index.html if you ever do it, take lots of pics.

Quick Reply: Body Drop Info