Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

Belltech Drop Struts-who has 'em?

Old 01-02-2012, 12:02 PM
Silent Service

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Belltech Drop Struts-who has 'em?

Looking for some feedback on the Belltech Drop Struts for the '04-up trucks. Specs on them says you can do up to a 3" drop with them. I have the DJM drop shackles in the rear currently in the 1.5" position. I like the slight rack look and am considering the drop struts in the front 2" down and then the rear shackles on the 2" down position.

Anyone running them as a stand-alone in the front?
Old 01-04-2012, 03:17 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

installing mine tomorrow
Old 01-04-2012, 04:33 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

I've got them on my 2010, installed 2" lower.

They work, just as advertised, and they will do 3" lower, BUT even with the 2" drop, I needed a camber bolt kit and the tires still aren't perfectly perpendicular to the ground. In order to get my camber perfect, I'll have to slot the holes.

If I were doing it over again, I'd get new lower control arms.
Old 01-04-2012, 04:36 PM
Silent Service

That is why I am only going 1.5". I have seen pictures and it is just what I want. Hopefully there will be no alignment issues.

Belly, please post up with install issues (if any), what position you put them in and a pic of the "after" if possible. Many thanks in advance.

Last edited by modular; 01-04-2012 at 04:44 PM.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:17 AM
Silent Service

Well, truck is at the shop for a Monday install of front struts (1" drop), rear Street Performance shocks, dropping the shackles to the upper hole for a 2" drop and 2 degree pinion shims (if needed).

From all my research, it seems folks have always gotten about 1/4" or so more drop than what they set the front struts for. I like a little rake so it should end up just what I am looking for. Once I add in the rear anti-sway bar it should be a nice handling rig. I like to call it "OEM Plus" looks and handling wise.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Belltech Drop Struts-who has 'em?