Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

Belltech 6406 Rear Shackles

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Belltech 6406 Rear Shackles

I installed a set of Belltech 2 inch lowering shackles on my 2013 CC F150 4x4 this weekend, and also used the 2.5 degree shims that were recommended. With the shims installed, I was getting a bad vibration from 0-30mph and then again when coming to a stop from 10-0mph. I removed the shims and 95% of the vibration is gone, just getting a slight vibration when I'm coming to a stop. The shims were installed per the directions with the larger end towards the front of the truck. At this point I'm not sure if I should just deal with the little vibration thats there or go to a drive line shop to have it checked out? I've heard of people reversing the shims but I'm not sure thats the right answer. Advice from anyone with these same issues would be appreciated! Thanks!
Old 07-13-2015, 03:39 PM
Blown Member

Received 185 Likes on 152 Posts

The thicker end of the shim should go to the rear if it is not a flip kit. The way you installed the shims will make the front of the pumpkin point down toward the ground even more than the drop shackles alone. This puts even more angle in the U-joint at the rear end. Turn them around.

Quick Reply: Belltech 6406 Rear Shackles