Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

4"/5" q's

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2009, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 4"/5" q's

wut up f150 forum, this is what i got: western chassis flip kit in the rear (5 in drop), and djm lower control arm in the front (2 in drop). Ok so before i got the arms in the front, the western chassis kit came with 2 in lowering springs for the front which interfered with the alignment, which made me order some lower control arms to fix the problem. now my question is if i add the lowering springs with the arms (which will end up with a 4 in drop in the front), will i still be able to get the truck back to factory spec alignment? also, will i need anything else to add to my front susp. to keep everything in tact. any info is greatly appreciated.. thanx.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:40 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

You will definitely need a camber kit to align the front.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:53 PM

really, i forgot to mention that before i bought the arms, i got a camber bolt alignment kit thats supposed to give my truck a +2/-2 degree to fix my alignment problem. took it to pep boys and it didnt make a difference (still had the problem). matter of fact, i think it was actually worse. more than 1.6 degree off. im tryin to remember the company name and where i ordered it at, think it was stylin', so ill get back wit you on that. anyways, i still got em so as soon as i find out where i got em, ill find out why they didnt work. other than that, i want to know if everything else on the front susp will be fine with the stock parts.
Old 11-13-2009, 09:37 PM

ok, i got the bolts at rockauto.com. and i made sure that it was the right kit for my truck. since its an 04, i have to make sure i dont accidentally get heritage model. MOOG chassis parts is the maker. so i call rockauto and explain to the rep how the bolts didnt fix my align problem and he said that the application was not for lowered suspension but for stock suspension, but that the drop shouldnt affect it. well, i guess im just gonna add the springs and take the truck somewhere else to get aligned and ill go from there. if theres anything else i should know about the 4 in drop in the front please let me know. any info is greatly appreciated. thanx....
Old 11-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Ask about my Zombie plan

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Take it somewhere other then Pep Boys, for your own sake.

Look around and see if there's any custom auto place near you. If so call em and see who they may know that aligns lowered vehicles. I only take mine to places that can actually handle the fact the vehicle's been lowered. Some shops act like it's they have no clue how to approach it.
Old 11-14-2009, 12:25 AM

yeah, i think thats the best thing to do. thanks for the advice. i haveto ask again, has anybody done the 4 in drop in the front, and if so, will i have to do anything else to the susp./steering components to keep the ride/handling smooth and properly....