Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

2011 Platinum Screw 6.5' bed - 3/4 drop

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 12:36 AM

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

Default 2011 Platinum Screw 6.5' bed - 3/4 drop

I just lowered my 2011 Platinum. It's a 2WD screw with the 6.5' bed. I used the Belltech 3/4 kit. Wheels are Black Rhino Traverse 22" x 9.5" in Silver. The tires are 305/45 R22. I should've stuck with the norm and used 285/40 R22. These rub the fenders on occasion.

As it rolled of the assembly line:

As it stands today:

The front is set up for a 3" drop and it actually lowered the front 3.25". The rear is a 4" drop and it actually lowered the rear 5" on the money.

Last edited by Chris H; 04-11-2016 at 12:39 AM.
Old 04-11-2016, 12:38 AM

I've done a bunch of exterior work. All body-mounted chrome was removed (alignment holes welded), fender F150 badges removed, the front end was replaced with Harley bits, tow mirrors replaced with standard mirrors, etc.

I'm going to order an air bag kit this week. Does anyone recommend a specific kit that works with a flipped axle setup like the Belltech?
Old 04-13-2016, 08:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice!! whats the front drop consist of? Any driveline vibrations? Hows the carrier bearing angle?
Old 04-14-2016, 01:43 PM

The front drop is really nothing more than a different strut. No mounting points are altered with the Belltech 3" front setup (other than slotting the existing mount points on the lower control arm).

The carrier bearing gets moved higher in the chassis by cutting the carrier bearing mount bracket off of the cross member and then mounting the carrier bearing directly to the cross member.

I haven't driven the truck a lot since lowering it. I haven't noticed any vibrations so far. I do have tire-to-fender contact (front and rear) so I've got to figure that out. I've got a slam air kit in the mail and I may raise the front 1/2" from where it sits now. The only other easy option is smaller tires (285 v. 305).
Old 04-14-2016, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by Chris H
The front drop is really nothing more than a different strut. No mounting points are altered with the Belltech 3" front setup (other than slotting the existing mount points on the lower control arm).

The carrier bearing gets moved higher in the chassis by cutting the carrier bearing mount bracket off of the cross member and then mounting the carrier bearing directly to the cross member.

I haven't driven the truck a lot since lowering it. I haven't noticed any vibrations so far. I do have tire-to-fender contact (front and rear) so I've got to figure that out. I've got a slam air kit in the mail and I may raise the front 1/2" from where it sits now. The only other easy option is smaller tires (285 v. 305).
Where did I get the carrier bracket? Can't find anything for 09-14
Old 04-16-2016, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by punishercustomz
Where did I get the carrier bracket? Can't find anything for 09-14
I'm not sure I understand the question, or you're not understanding what I'm saying.

The OEM carrier bracket is cut off of the cross member and then the OEM carrier housing is bolted directly to the cross member. There are no aftermarket parts involved in the carrier relocation except for two bolts.

The bolts included in my kit were 2.75" long which was WAY to long. I went to Home Depot and bought 2" bolts with nylon nuts to replace the bolts included in the kit.
Old 04-16-2016, 07:58 AM

Gotcha. No I did not understand, makes sense now. So the stock bolts won't work when it sits flush?
Old 04-17-2016, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by punishercustomz
Gotcha. No I did not understand, makes sense now. So the stock bolts won't work when it sits flush?
I honestly didn't even check the OEM bolts that mount the carrier to the bracket that gets removed. One would think Belltech would've reused the OEM bolts if possible (many OEM bolts were reused elsewhere).
Old 04-18-2016, 03:53 PM

Before lowering the truck, I got a "clunk" from the drive line every time I transitioned from brakes to throttle from a stand-still. That clunk is gone after lowering the truck. Interesting.

Old 04-22-2016, 06:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's slip bump caused from the rear driveshaft. There is a TSB which takes them apart then re-greases the splines and it solves that issue.

Quick Reply: 2011 Platinum Screw 6.5' bed - 3/4 drop