Topic Sponsor
Lowered-Trucks Come discuss your lowered Ford F150s

2/4 options....

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2/4 options....

Ok i recently got a 2007 FX2 and would love to drop it down a bit. Nothing to drastic as i dont want to give up the steps OR do any type of frame modification. PLus if i want to drive something lower ill get my s10 out of the garage that is lowered 5/6 I want something to just kind of kill the wheel gap. Now that being said what are my options here? I would like to be able to keep the payload where its at since ill be hauling the s10 to long distance car shows and such.

Thanks guys!!

Also if anyone has a side shot of a black FX2 lowered 2/4 i would love to see it!
Old 08-12-2010, 08:15 AM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

I just lowered my 2007, using a Eibach lowering kit.

2 in front 4 in rear..

the only pain is the rear leaf spring front bolts..... Ford puts them in from the inside part for the frame so you only have to drop the fuel tank to get it out....
Attached Images  
Old 08-12-2010, 10:48 PM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Received 114 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric85
Ok i recently got a 2007 FX2 and would love to drop it down a bit. Nothing to drastic as i dont want to give up the steps OR do any type of frame modification. PLus if i want to drive something lower ill get my s10 out of the garage that is lowered 5/6 I want something to just kind of kill the wheel gap. Now that being said what are my options here? I would like to be able to keep the payload where its at since ill be hauling the s10 to long distance car shows and such.

Thanks guys!!

Also if anyone has a side shot of a black FX2 lowered 2/4 i would love to see it!
before i sell any kits i allways have the customers measure from ground to fenderlip. front i would do belltech adjsutable 1-3 inch drop struts and rear djm flip kit and call it good. Ive sold many sets on here and installed many here locally no problems

Also belltech offers a fully double adjustable coilover for the front which makes the truck handle like its on rails
Old 08-12-2010, 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by DJM/BELLTECH DIRECT
before i sell any kits i allways have the customers measure from ground to fenderlip. front i would do belltech adjsutable 1-3 inch drop struts and rear djm flip kit and call it good. Ive sold many sets on here and installed many here locally no problems

Also belltech offers a fully double adjustable coilover for the front which makes the truck handle like its on rails

would the rear flip kit hinder me from hauling my trailer with my s10 on it?

And BTW your old s10 ss still gives me wood when i see it. Still in good hands? I know you have always known who owned it.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:40 AM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

lol ive been on s10forum.com since 1998 when i had my s10 ss. You can tow fine 3 of my buddies tow their race cars weekly to the street races here and its no problem at all.

my buddy bought it off me in 02 and he just sold it last year to some other guy
Old 08-13-2010, 09:10 AM

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Sorry but i surly do no agree.

Those u bolts were not desigend to carry the weight of a vehicle, and what ever your going to tow.
Attached Images  
Old 08-13-2010, 10:34 AM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Originally Posted by Nobman
Sorry but i surly do no agree.

Those u bolts were not desigend to carry the weight of a vehicle, and what ever your going to tow.

lets see here. ive done over 75 04 ups with flip kits no problems and sold numerous kits here on the board not one issue.

How many 04 up trucks have you lowered so far??

I have a customers truck running 578hp at wheels and 60 foots 1.5s at the track and street races with me on his single cab 05 and not one issue also. So please can you refrain from giving false info. Lowering 1 truck really doesnt give you all the info you need.

Lets see tows race cars no problem. 578 rwhp and 1.5 60 foots no problems. sold many kits here no problems, installed many kits locally no problems. So with my years of experience lowering all trucks i really dont agree with your statement but thanks for the pics.

Last edited by NORCAL SS; 08-13-2010 at 11:06 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 04:14 PM

Yeah man i always loved your trucks!! You ever resolve your sonoma? I know it was stolen but did they ever find the *******s that took it?

Also i know you did a huge writeup on wheels tire combo on s10f.com but do you happen to know what wheel and tire combo i should go with on a 2/4 drop. Id like to keep a fairly nice sidewall because of where i work its pothole city. Let me know if you can man!!

How much would a 2/4 from you run me?
Old 08-13-2010, 04:31 PM
F150 SUSPENSION GURU

Originally Posted by Eric85
Yeah man i always loved your trucks!! You ever resolve your sonoma? I know it was stolen but did they ever find the *******s that took it?

Also i know you did a huge writeup on wheels tire combo on s10f.com but do you happen to know what wheel and tire combo i should go with on a 2/4 drop. Id like to keep a fairly nice sidewall because of where i work its pothole city. Let me know if you can man!!

How much would a 2/4 from you run me?

sonoma i got paid for. 2/4 drop 285 40 22 and your set. honestly id just do the djm 3/5. tow load doesnt change at all.
Old 08-13-2010, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by DJM/BELLTECH DIRECT
sonoma i got paid for. 2/4 drop 285 40 22 and your set. honestly id just do the djm 3/5. tow load doesnt change at all.
how wide of a 22 can i go all around? full sizes are a new realm for me hahaha.

Not sure if i want to go that low. Id have to lose my steps on my fx2 and then the front end would hang down further than the rest of the truck i think.

How much would both run me though shipped to 62707

Quick Reply: 2/4 options....