Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Wont start today

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 10:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Wont start today

So its been cold down here in Atlanta. I go to start my 03 Scab this morning and I get plenty of cranking, but no starting. Right now I have the Block heater going to see if maybe its the cold, but it has warmed up to the 40s about now.

Never had any problems before, has about half a tank of gas. when its cranking over the dash 'theft' light is on, I cant remember if thats normal when starting or did somehow my keys get reset? Tried my spare key as well.

I also get the P0455, p0457 lights on my scanner, but they have been recurring for over a year and shouldn't have any starting issues...

Any thoughts
Old 12-06-2010, 12:33 PM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Can you hear the fuel pump charge the system with initial key on. Guess I would go under hood and check for fuel at rail and check for spark at the plugs, not sure how to with COP, has to be some method. Thank God for my little 4.2L.

A few weeks back it would be an intermittent no start, no fuel, swapped the relays around, nothing, finally replaced pump and all is good.
Old 12-06-2010, 03:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As it turns out it was the battery. After some thread searching, I found that when the battery is low or goes bad, the starter will turn, but the ECU will not give fuel and spark to the engine. A trip to Autozone confirmed the battery was faulty. All better now

I love the knowledge on this board!

Quick Reply: Wont start today