Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Wiring Diagram Needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2009, 11:18 AM

Received 120 Likes on 97 Posts

Default Wiring Diagram Needed

Does anyone have one for a 97 F-150 with a 4.6 V8? I need it mainly for the drivers side door and running lights. I am installing an aftermarket keyless entry. I am tired of using a key...
Old 10-31-2009, 12:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GOOD LUCK! i tried installing mine and turns out i needed to buy extra relays because it blew the box up that "had relays in it that can support up to 30 amps." Kept blowing a fuse everytime i clicked the button. I'm an electrical engineering student so i know what I am doing and I know for a fact I didn't mis-wire anything. Use the "5-wire reverse polarity" diagram if your keyless entry manufacturer provides you with one. you will have to cut the wires that go between the switch and the motor and basically install the box in between. at least that's what i did on mine. I have a viper unit.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:11 PM

The one I am putting in is a Bulldog... It is only $30.00 shipped and had nothing but great reviews. I will let you know how it goes.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:45 PM
Retired Aerospace

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Door Lock Wiring Diagram:

This might help....it's from a '97 manual.

The scheme for remote lock\unlock, as I see it, will require a system composed of two two-pole-single-throw 12volt relays with the normally closed (NC) circuit of each relay interposed in the wires between the door lock motors and the right door switch. The relay throw contacts (C) will be connected to the door motors and the normally closed (NC) contacts connected to the door switch. One relay will be energized for "lock" and the other for "unlock". Both normally open (NO) contacts will be connected to a 12volt "always on" source. Each relay coil will be swamped with a suitable diode (1N4001) and an 18 volt MOV (V18ZA40P) connected across the wires to the lock motors will limit peak momentary back EMF to provide system protection from high transient voltages generated by switching of the lock motors. All of this could be enclosed within a suitable-design remote-controlled RF lock controller module, but the module, of necessity, would have six wires: 2 for each relay, 1 for 12V and 1 for Ground.

The relays, of course, will be activated by a RF control system actuated by a remote sending unit the same as any keyless entry system.
Attached Thumbnails Wiring Diagram Needed-power-locks.jpg  

Last edited by Kattumaram; 11-03-2009 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:26 PM

Thanks! I got it in the mail today and it says I do have to cut between the switches like JG stated. The directions are crappy at best.... I'll figure it out!

Quick Reply: Wiring Diagram Needed