Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

why is this hose like this?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 10:24 PM
Bleeds FORD Blue

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question why is this hose like this?

This lower radiator hose is exactly like the one I have on my 99 F150, but this says it fits a 97. But its identical, other than the Part #s I have not checked yet. It connects to to my oil filter adapter. It says its new on ebay, but when I search it anywhere else it doesnt come up. Is this part of that whole ford making a bunch of changes after redoing the remote oil filter setup? I feel more comfortable going with this hose than one that looks nothing like the one I have on mine, but Im still worried it wont fit. But this looks like it should fit right down to a T. Ive got the wierd oil filter adapter, where its just the aluminum block and 3 ports. One large port for the engine coolant and 2 for the oil lines that bolts to the block. Does anyone else have this kind of set up?
Old 02-15-2009, 10:33 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default 99 expy 5.4

here's a shot of the lower hose on my 99 expy 5.4 (factory)
Attached Thumbnails why is this hose like this?-p2150416.jpg  
Old 02-15-2009, 11:16 PM
Bleeds FORD Blue

I wonder if the lengths are the same. Same location and all, just unsure of the lengths. Im gonna do some asking. The hoses you show, are the only ones im finding.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:48 PM
Bleeds FORD Blue

Did ford quit using this lower radiator hose, thats why Im not finding it anywhere else? Did they switch to the one that FOMOCO showed? Im just wondering because I dont want to get the wrong one. I found that oreillys auto parts and advanced auto parts carry DAYCO, but they look like FOMOCO's, Not the one I have. I have the one that I showed in the first pic, but Im starting to think its outdated. Im scared Im gonna order it and they wont reach when I try to put them on

Quick Reply: why is this hose like this?