Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 1997 - 2003 Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #101
will run you OVER
 
01f1502wd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,207
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 01f1502wd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudder5 View Post
Oooooo hate u so much i caint lift mine and i want a stepside dependin on how long i keep this truck i might do a bed conversion an make it a stepside
are you 2wd or 4wd?
__________________
JarrettFord is the Best in Texas

BUY MY LIFT!!! any 97-03 F150 2wd owners check this out:http://www.f150forum.com/f63/fabtech...owered-141220/
01f1502wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #102
Senior Member
 
Mudder5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,428
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Thanks: 65
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01f1502wd View Post

are you 2wd or 4wd?
4wd mines the Fx4
Mudder5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:51 PM   #103
Senior Member
 
FX4offroad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 863
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 17
Thanked 10 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Heck yes!!! When I can afford it, I want a 2012 that looks just like the 2002 I've got now with the 5.0 or 6.2 if I can find one. It's becoming increasing hard to find them with the V8's and extended cab though. Everyone's getting the eco with crew cab.
FX4offroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:12 PM   #104
Too Loud? Too Bad!
 
sumidor063's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Central NJ
Posts: 558
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Thanks: 14
Thanked 28 Times in 23 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

@01f1502wd: Thought. Perhaps you've done this already, but if not, there's a mod you can do to make your fogs able to come on via the light switch with just the parking lights. There's a wire you need to hook up somewhere for that to work in that position (the detailed process escapes me atm), but I was wondering... what if... I wonder if it's possible, and if it is what it would look like, if a fog setup like you have were wired so that in parking w/ fogs, the amber came on, but with headlights on the whites come on; AND while the headlights are on, if you go for the blinker, it'll blink the amber fogs too.

Probably would need a relay or something for that to work... maybe IBD will come by and see this post and offer a suggestion, if you don't already know what I'm talking about. Just an idea. Might be more complicated than it's worth, but I think it'd be cool.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot482 View Post
Some highways here in Texas the speed limit is 80 mph. They want you to get to your destination in a hurry. Who cares about if a deer decides to cross the highway or anything, you will just pass right through it.

Last edited by sumidor063; 06-13-2013 at 04:14 PM.
sumidor063 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:20 PM   #105
Resident light whore
 
BrowningSCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 26,269
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Thanks: 16
Thanked 575 Times in 497 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Brown wire, and yellow wire behind the headlight switch. You could run the amber off a relay triggered on the park lights, and the whites off a relay triggered by the low beams. It'd be very simple.
__________________
See here for the full LED bulb guide!!http://www.f150forum.com/f6/97-03-le...-guide-174498/
My SCrew's build thread, check it out http://www.f150forum.com/f78/slowly-...ogress-141914/
BrowningSCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:51 PM   #106
Senior Member
 
Travyforyou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumidor063 View Post
@01f1502wd: Thought. Perhaps you've done this already, but if not, there's a mod you can do to make your fogs able to come on via the light switch with just the parking lights. There's a wire you need to hook up somewhere for that to work in that position (the detailed process escapes me atm), but I was wondering... what if... I wonder if it's possible, and if it is what it would look like, if a fog setup like you have were wired so that in parking w/ fogs, the amber came on, but with headlights on the whites come on; AND while the headlights are on, if you go for the blinker, it'll blink the amber fogs too.

Probably would need a relay or something for that to work... maybe IBD will come by and see this post and offer a suggestion, if you don't already know what I'm talking about. Just an idea. Might be more complicated than it's worth, but I think it'd be cool.
I put HID head an gigs and a switch in the wire for the heads to cut them off on demand. So easy!
Travyforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #107
will run you OVER
 
01f1502wd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,207
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 01f1502wd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumidor063 View Post
@01f1502wd: Thought. Perhaps you've done this already, but if not, there's a mod you can do to make your fogs able to come on via the light switch with just the parking lights. There's a wire you need to hook up somewhere for that to work in that position (the detailed process escapes me atm), but I was wondering... what if... I wonder if it's possible, and if it is what it would look like, if a fog setup like you have were wired so that in parking w/ fogs, the amber came on, but with headlights on the whites come on; AND while the headlights are on, if you go for the blinker, it'll blink the amber fogs too.

Probably would need a relay or something for that to work... maybe IBD will come by and see this post and offer a suggestion, if you don't already know what I'm talking about. Just an idea. Might be more complicated than it's worth, but I think it'd be cool.

__________________
JarrettFord is the Best in Texas

BUY MY LIFT!!! any 97-03 F150 2wd owners check this out:http://www.f150forum.com/f63/fabtech...owered-141220/
01f1502wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:30 PM   #108
Senior Member
 
Jackedup00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 11,531
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Thanks: 82
Thanked 153 Times in 137 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01f1502wd View Post

You ever think about converting your truck to four wheel drive? I'm sure most people are shocked when you tell them it isn't a 4x4.
__________________
2000 S-cab 5.4 Triton 4x4 3" body lift 4" suspension lift 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers. Blacked out tails,stainless bull bar,Kenwood head unit,black honey comb and of course a gun rack,can't have a truck without a gun rack. Interior lights swapped to blue LEDs,blue leds under dash w/ toggle switch. Skyjacker Hydros all the way around. Half assed build thread http://www.f150forum.com/f78/jackedu...thread-228753/
Jackedup00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #109
will run you OVER
 
01f1502wd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,207
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Thanks: 3
Thanked 22 Times in 22 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to 01f1502wd
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackedup00 View Post
You ever think about converting your truck to four wheel drive? I'm sure most people are shocked when you tell them it isn't a 4x4.
I have yes.. However I would get myself into a lot more trouble then. I have a lot of friends who have 4x4 and there is a lot more parts to go wrong and break, little things too, little c-clips, cv boots that rip then dry out and break, shift linkage, bearings... Even if I did have 4wd i couldnt go down trails, theyre made for jeeps, and other skinny rigs, not fat fullsize rigs. When I get a good job ill get a jeep or samauri or FJ to go play and use my truck as a prerunner for speed offroad. A lot of people are suprised to hear its 2wd and are suprised of what its capable of doing off road and how it can yank out a jeep out of deep mud quickly.

My jeep will have a triangulated long arm 4-link with coilovers, 3" lift springs, 3"highline kit, portal axles, larger axles with lockers, rollin on 38-40s on ~5" of lift.
__________________
JarrettFord is the Best in Texas

BUY MY LIFT!!! any 97-03 F150 2wd owners check this out:http://www.f150forum.com/f63/fabtech...owered-141220/
01f1502wd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:53 PM   #110
Senior Member
 
Jackedup00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 11,531
Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Thanks: 82
Thanked 153 Times in 137 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01f1502wd View Post
I have yes.. However I would get myself into a lot more trouble then. I have a lot of friends who have 4x4 and there is a lot more parts to go wrong and break, little things too, little c-clips, cv boots that rip then dry out and break, shift linkage, bearings... Even if I did have 4wd i couldnt go down trails, theyre made for jeeps, and other skinny rigs, not fat fullsize rigs. When I get a good job ill get a jeep or samauri or FJ to go play and use my truck as a prerunner for speed offroad. A lot of people are suprised to hear its 2wd and are suprised of what its capable of doing off road and how it can yank out a jeep out of deep mud quickly.

My jeep will have a triangulated long arm 4-link with coilovers, 3" lift springs, 3"highline kit, portal axles, larger axles with lockers, rollin on 38-40s on ~5" of lift.
I've never needed my four wheel drive,but it's nice to have just in case! But I agree,there is more to break. I'm probably gonna pick up a 78-79 Bronco or maybe a jeep,I just don't like the idea of having something other than a Ford. I like playing with my truck but with tires that size it's just too hard on the front end off roading so I'd really like to have something with a solid front axle. But our trucks with a good mud tire and a decent driver shouldn't "need" four wheel drive too often,they seem to get through most stuff pretty easily in 2wd.
__________________
2000 S-cab 5.4 Triton 4x4 3" body lift 4" suspension lift 37" Nitto Mud Grapplers. Blacked out tails,stainless bull bar,Kenwood head unit,black honey comb and of course a gun rack,can't have a truck without a gun rack. Interior lights swapped to blue LEDs,blue leds under dash w/ toggle switch. Skyjacker Hydros all the way around. Half assed build thread http://www.f150forum.com/f78/jackedu...thread-228753/
Jackedup00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:53 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.