Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 1997 - 2003 Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

What are some decent wheel sizes that would fit with a 3" supsension lift?

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2015, 09:22 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question What are some decent wheel sizes that would fit with a 3" supsension lift?

I'm getting close to ordering the 3" suspension lift and I'm now wondering what size wheels I'm going to need to put on. It would look pretty funny I think with the 245/75/17R I have on there now.

I don't want to get anything super big but I would like to get a little bit of a wider stance to help with the height gain of the lift, to kind of balance out the handling as in to not roll over so easy.

I currently have factory 17" rims. Is there a tire size that would work well with these rims or should I get whole new rims and tires? If so, what sizes would you recommend?

Thanks!
texisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:58 PM   #2
863 Florida Boy
 
Jack Tran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Sebring FL
Posts: 133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Get 265/75/17 or 265/70/17 . Not to big not to small and will make your lift look good. The largest tire u can put on stock wheel that won't run is 285/75 and that's what I got on my truck. I love it.
__________________
my build thread. thanks for taking your time to check it out guys.
http://www.f150forum.com/f78/jay-mag...9/#post3977349
Jack Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:15 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
the01kingranch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Tran View Post
Get 265/75/17 or 265/70/17 . Not to big not to small and will make your lift look good. The largest tire u can put on stock wheel that won't run is 285/75 and that's what I got on my truck. I love it.
i would run 295. I like the wheel well full.
the01kingranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:17 PM   #4
Advanced Member
 
dopewaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 876
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanked 74 Times in 71 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by texisman View Post
I'm getting close to ordering the 3" suspension lift and I'm now wondering what size wheels I'm going to need to put on. It would look pretty funny I think with the 245/75/17R I have on there now.

I don't want to get anything super big but I would like to get a little bit of a wider stance to help with the height gain of the lift, to kind of balance out the handling as in to not roll over so easy.

I currently have factory 17" rims. Is there a tire size that would work well with these rims or should I get whole new rims and tires? If so, what sizes would you recommend?

Thanks!
Do you have a 4WD or 2WD? That will make a big difference. If you have a 4WD + 3in, go with a 35". If you have a 2WD + 3in go with a 265 or 285.
dopewaffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:18 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
the01kingranch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 232
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dopewaffle View Post
Do you have a 4WD or 2WD? That will make a big difference. If you have a 4WD + 3in, go with a 35". If you have a 2WD + 3in go with a 265 or 285.
2ws
the01kingranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:40 PM   #6
Southern 4 Life
 
BlackThundah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Georgia
Posts: 832
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thanked 61 Times in 60 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

285s will be fine. I had a 97 2wd with the 3.5'' (at the time) rcx spindle lift and ran to 265s on it for a while, but they still looked to small. 285s should look perfect on there.
BlackThundah is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:43 PM   #7
Advanced Member
 
dopewaffle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 876
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanked 74 Times in 71 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackThundah View Post
285s will be fine. I had a 97 2wd with the 3.5'' (at the time) rcx spindle lift and ran to 265s on it for a while, but they still looked to small. 285s should look perfect on there.
^ I would say go for it
dopewaffle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 10:43 PM
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:35 AM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.