Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

What programmer???

Old 11-30-2009, 06:59 PM
Extreme Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What programmer???

Ok so ive looked at them all, custom, canned, off the shelf. Edge, Gryphon, Diablosport, SCT, etc...

From what i read, it sounds like people with custom tunes either love them or hate them. At first, i was thinking custom tunes would be better..

Are they reliable?

I am now thinking about a normal Edge or Diablo, because i know they are RELIABLE. And i'd be happy with the 20HP gain and the 30-35 torque gain...What do you guys think?
Old 11-30-2009, 07:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I say you go with either gryphon or edge evo. They both look really good, and seem to be pretty reliable from what people have been saying. I am itching to buy a gryphon myself once I buy my family xmas presents.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:33 PM
Extreme Member

yeah lucky for me i dont have a family yet haha. Yeah i am thinking more about an edge or diablo...i think theres a little bit more power from the diablo but i like the screen and monitoring with the edge.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:41 PM
Extreme Member

Ha you guys are probably wondering why i just cant make a descision
Old 12-01-2009, 01:35 AM
Dirty South's Finest

well you can buy the gryphon for the same price as an edge without custom tunes and it comes with the same canned tunes as an edge it is just capable of getting custom tunes later on if you add more stuff to your truck and which then the custom tunes are 30$ a piece
Old 12-01-2009, 02:58 AM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Troupe
well you can buy the gryphon for the same price as an edge without custom tunes and it comes with the same canned tunes as an edge it is just capable of getting custom tunes later on if you add more stuff to your truck and which then the custom tunes are 30$ a piece
^ I agree..... I guess no one realizes the Gryphon is just a rebadged Edge but you can put custom tunes on it. It costs the same as the Edge and they say it comes with a bit more of an aggressive canned tunes than the Edge.

Unless you can get a used Edge for under $200 and then send it in to be rebadged as a Gryphon, buy the Gryphon new.
Old 12-01-2009, 03:03 AM
Dirty South's Finest

Originally Posted by AZFX4
^ I agree..... I guess no one realizes the Gryphon is just a rebadged Edge but you can put custom tunes on it. It costs the same as the Edge and they say it comes with a bit more of an aggressive canned tunes than the Edge.

Unless you can get a used Edge for under $200 and then send it in to be rebadged as a Gryphon, buy the Gryphon new.
yeah unless i was to get an edge super cheap id go with grpyhon and plus a used edge goes for 300 at the least that i have seen
Old 12-01-2009, 10:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

The Gryphon canned tunes are not the same as the Edge canned tunes. The Gryphon canned tunes are less conservative as the Gryphon is not CARB compliant.
Old 12-02-2009, 06:47 PM
Extreme Member

hah yeah guys i alredy know that the gryphon is a rebadged edge, however i know many people dont know that. And i found a new, unused edge on craigslist for 225 so im prolly gonna go for that

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What programmer???