What did you do to your truck today? - Page 1321 - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans

Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 1997 - 2003 Ford F150
Log In 


What did you do to your truck today?

Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-17-2014, 03:05 PM   #13201
Senior Member
 
Jacob.P93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 5,773
Thanked 79 Times in 78 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprevat View Post
I guess insurance doesnt cover electrical failure by nature? What all got fried? I changed out my pitman arm today... That sucked so bad it was just ridiculous.
A lot easier with the bumper off. Lol

And I don't see how they won't cover that!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jferg92 View Post
Periods my friend, periods. Sometimes punctuation works wonders when expressing your thoughts.
Jacob.P93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join F150 Forum

Join F150Forum.com Today - It's Totally Free!

Are you a Ford F150 fan? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Ford F150 Fans to meet online.
Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your truck, and have a great time with other Ford F150 fans. Whether your an old timer or just bought your F150 you'll find that F150Forum.com is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally free!

Join F150Forum.com Today! - Click Here JOIN FOR FREE


-->
Old 06-17-2014, 03:20 PM   #13202
Wood is Good
 
jprevat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 5,781
Thanked 192 Times in 187 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob.P93 View Post
A lot easier with the bumper off. Lol

And I don't see how they won't cover that!
I used my tractor loading ramps so I had ample room. The pitman arm was just stuck on there so well and having to unbolt the steering box to make it even accessible wasnt a lot of fun either.
__________________
jprevat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 03:32 PM   #13203
Senior Member
 
Jacob.P93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 5,773
Thanked 79 Times in 78 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprevat View Post
I used my tractor loading ramps so I had ample room. The pitman arm was just stuck on there so well and having to unbolt the steering box to make it even accessible wasnt a lot of fun either.
Damn. All you need is basic tools and a pitman puller right? How much is the pitman arm? And what is the job of the pit? Sorry for all the questions mine needs changed to.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jferg92 View Post
Periods my friend, periods. Sometimes punctuation works wonders when expressing your thoughts.
Jacob.P93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:54 PM   #13204
Wood is Good
 
jprevat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 5,781
Thanked 192 Times in 187 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob.P93 View Post

Damn. All you need is basic tools and a pitman puller right? How much is the pitman arm? And what is the job of the pit? Sorry for all the questions mine needs changed to.
You need a pitman arm puller tool but the way ford designed it you have to undo the steering box to get it at an adequate angle. You will need a pickle fork and 5" 2x4 to wedge between your steering linkage and your front diff to make it pop correctly. The arm is around 50 so its not bad. Its job is to connect the steering box to the steering components.
__________________
jprevat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:40 PM   #13205
Senior Member
 
Jacob.P93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 5,773
Thanked 79 Times in 78 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprevat View Post
You need a pitman arm puller tool but the way ford designed it you have to undo the steering box to get it at an adequate angle. You will need a pickle fork and 5" 2x4 to wedge between your steering linkage and your front diff to make it pop correctly. The arm is around 50 so its not bad. Its job is to connect the steering box to the steering components.
Oh I see. Thanks man!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jferg92 View Post
Periods my friend, periods. Sometimes punctuation works wonders when expressing your thoughts.
Jacob.P93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:46 PM   #13206
Wood is Good
 
jprevat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 5,781
Thanked 192 Times in 187 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob.P93 View Post

Oh I see. Thanks man!
No worries. Check your idler arm while you are under there because if one is far enough gone then it would have been detrimental to the other.
__________________
jprevat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:48 PM   #13207
Senior Member
 
Jacob.P93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 5,773
Thanked 79 Times in 78 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprevat View Post
No worries. Check your idler arm while you are under there because if one is far enough gone then it would have been detrimental to the other.
Okie dokie man will do.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jferg92 View Post
Periods my friend, periods. Sometimes punctuation works wonders when expressing your thoughts.
Jacob.P93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:39 PM   #13208
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
7700SCREW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,262
Thanked 103 Times in 92 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot482 View Post
I'm ready to see the finished product.
Me too!lol I had to work today so I didn't get much done.
Should have some completed pics soon!
7700SCREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:59 PM   #13209
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: fort lauderdale
Posts: 76
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jprevat View Post

I guess insurance doesnt cover electrical failure by nature? What all got fried?

I changed out my pitman arm today... That sucked so bad it was just ridiculous.
I only have pip and liability, so far just the pcm, gem module, instrument cluster and some grounds.
john8704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 08:08 PM   #13210
Wood is Good
 
jprevat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 5,781
Thanked 192 Times in 187 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by john8704 View Post

I only have pip and liability, so far just the pcm, gem module, instrument cluster and some grounds.
Well it could be worse.
__________________
jprevat is online now   Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A Lot Of Elbow, But Happy knight6019 1997 - 2003 Ford F150 9 08-28-2015 10:54 PM
6.2L Dead again....please help!! eli.krahulec 2011+ Engine Related Questions 16 08-15-2015 11:00 AM
Banks Power Stinger System Leoh7900 Introductions 2 08-05-2015 02:01 PM
It is offical I am back Mlarv 2015 Ford F150 2 07-28-2015 10:41 PM
Rear seat bottom has circular pattern with rough leather rodsterinfl 2015 Ford F150 0 07-28-2015 03:47 PM


Tags
camo

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:27 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.