Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 1997 - 2003 Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2014, 01:28 AM   #12801
Senior Member
 
Cmanjr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Northern Virginia
Posts: 5,047
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Thanked 41 Times in 38 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot482 View Post
Didn't really get pictures of the dunes, the sand was way to soft to stop. I really need to invest into a go pro. While on the beach there was a f350 dually that was stuck to the headlights in seaweed. He was driving on the water line and tried to cut across back to the sand because the tide was rolling in. Bad mistake. By the time we got to the f350, the water was just starting to go under the rear tires of the dually. It took me and an chevy to pull it out. We have a video of that I am waiting for my friend to send to me.
Why is your truck an f250? Just curious what's different on your truck compared to the f150
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krack499 View Post
It says it's a 5 cylinder and it's missing a drive shaft
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackedup00 View Post
Just pull it out and see what happens. Yes... I know what I said
Cmanjr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:29 AM   #12802
Resident light whore
 
BrowningSCrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Arkansas
Posts: 27,585
Mentioned: 101 Post(s)
Thanked 592 Times in 513 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmanjr View Post

Why is your truck an f250? Just curious what's different on your truck compared to the f150
Heavier leafs and torsion bars and 7 lug axles
__________________
See here for the full LED bulb guide!!http://www.f150forum.com/f6/97-03-le...-guide-174498/
My SCrew's build thread, check it out http://www.f150forum.com/f78/slowly-...ogress-141914/
BrowningSCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:34 AM   #12803
Senior Member
 
jferg92's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 7,088
Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Thanked 136 Times in 127 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrowningSCrew View Post

Heavier leafs and torsion bars and 7 lug axles
+ bigger brakes, 10.25, standard 4R100, and standard 3:73s
__________________
2003 Supercab FX4 5.4/4R70W- 33" Cooper ST Maxx, K&N+Gotts mod, 2.5" true dual cherrybomb extreme, MPT tuned SCT 3015, Troyer stacked plate/fan-assisted trans cooler, ProComp 1.5" AAL's, leveled, tinted, pioneer hu, RF Mono, 12" kicker, husky toolbox, Westin nerf bars
jferg92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:36 AM   #12804
http://www.f150*****.com/
 
Buckshot482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 898
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmanjr View Post
Why is your truck an f250? Just curious what's different on your truck compared to the f150
97-98 F250 light duties are the same as the f150 7700 just with a different name. The named changed to the f150 7700 in 99. In 97 they had the heavy duty (obs) and the light duty. The 97 heavy duty was more less the leftover parts of the obs before switching body styles. There was no newer bodystyles diesel f250 in the years 97-98. The superduty came out in 99. My guess is they made it so that people who tow have the ability to have heavier duty truck in till the super duty came so they can stick with ford. The 7700 package has the 10.25 rear end, a bigger transmission and a little bit more extras. It is basically a heavier duty f150.
__________________
Jak' Se Mas? (Hows it going)

http://www.f150forum.com/f78/my-1997...t-duty-202677/
Buckshot482 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:48 AM   #12805
Senior Member
 
mattmark6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 2,580
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Thanked 37 Times in 35 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot482 View Post
Didn't really get pictures of the dunes, the sand was way to soft to stop. I really need to invest into a go pro. While on the beach there was a f350 dually that was stuck to the headlights in seaweed. He was driving on the water line and tried to cut across back to the sand because the tide was rolling in. Bad mistake. By the time we got to the f350, the water was just starting to go under the rear tires of the dually. It took me and an chevy to pull it out. We have a video of that I am waiting for my friend to send to me.

Attachment 320688

Attachment 320689
I also love your truck. And I would really like to see this video.. when you get it
__________________
2000 F-150 5.4L XLT 4x4 Off Road
mattmark6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:07 AM   #12806
Senior Member
5 Year Member
 
7700SCREW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,244
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Thanked 102 Times in 91 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckshot482 View Post
97-98 F250 light duties are the same as the f150 7700 just with a different name. The named changed to the f150 7700 in 99. In 97 they had the heavy duty (obs) and the light duty. The 97 heavy duty was more less the leftover parts of the obs before switching body styles. There was no newer bodystyles diesel f250 in the years 97-98. The superduty came out in 99. My guess is they made it so that people who tow have the ability to have heavier duty truck in till the super duty came so they can stick with ford. The 7700 package has the 10.25 rear end, a bigger transmission and a little bit more extras. It is basically a heavier duty f150.
I'll add that the f250 LDs and 7700s also came with larger brakes and master, larger transmission cooler and a higher amp alternator and the name changed to 7700 in 2000 not 1999.

I owned a 1999 f250 LD and a 2002 7700
7700SCREW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 05:38 AM   #12807
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 4,386
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Thanked 211 Times in 206 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7700SCREW View Post
I'll add that the f250 LDs and 7700s also came with larger brakes and master, larger transmission cooler and a higher amp alternator and the name changed to 7700 in 2000 not 1999.

I owned a 1999 f250 LD and a 2002 7700
The transmission cooler was the same for all F250LD,7700, FX4, and ORP trucks. When I needed a replacement from damaging one while offroad, I got one from Ford an the part numbers were the same. The difference was actually in the radiator. Which Ford only offered 2 versions, Standard Coioling, and Heavy duty,
@Buckshot482 The OBS heavy duty trucks were offed until early 97. My dad currrently owns a 97 F250. Its production date is 3/97.
Carcrazygts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 06:19 PM   #12808
http://www.f150*****.com/
 
Buckshot482's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 898
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattmark6 View Post
I also love your truck. And I would really like to see this video.. when you get it
Thanks, it's slowly getting where I want it. I don't even know how well the video turned out, I will try to post it whenever I get it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by
[MENTION=134621
Buckshot482 The OBS heavy duty trucks were offed until early 97. My dad currrently owns a 97 F250. Its production date is 3/97.
My truck before my 97 F250 light duty was a 97 F250 heavy duty lol
__________________
Jak' Se Mas? (Hows it going)

http://www.f150forum.com/f78/my-1997...t-duty-202677/
Buckshot482 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:18 PM   #12809
Senior Member
 
Mudder5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,954
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckyse7ens View Post
You didn't put those in your factory housings I hope. If you did your blinding oncoming drivers and not actually improving your vision.
Theyre in the lightning headlights
Attached Thumbnails
What did you do to your truck today?-image-1397250863.jpg  
Mudder5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:19 PM   #12810
Senior Member
 
Mudder5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 2,954
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Thanked 14 Times in 14 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackedup00 View Post
You're in highschool... 99% of the people here have a busier life than you lol. I work over 40+ hours a week,Krack,the guy that looked it up for you,works and has a kid. Life ain't busy until you get out of school lol.
I know what im sayin is i dont sit around on my phone all day long, im normally put tryin to figure somthin out till i break it lol
Mudder5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:19 PM
 
 
 
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What did you and your truck do today? gritz General F150 Discussion 14465 Today 12:14 PM
Saw my old truck today Daveh370 General F150 Discussion 33 12-11-2014 12:22 PM
What Did I Do To My Truck Today. OGTerror 2004 - 2008 Ford F150 39 08-17-2013 11:14 PM
Just what I did to the truck today. Fast Filly 1997 - 2003 Ford F150 4 01-19-2011 11:57 AM
What did you do to YOUR truck today? mustangGT90210 1987 - 1996 F150 12 08-07-2010 12:58 AM


Tags
camo

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Join F150 Forum

 

The Mustang Source
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:52 PM.


Copyright 2006 - 20011 F150forum.com
This site is in no way affiliated with the Ford Motor Company.