Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

what could cause a vehicle not to run under normal operating temperature

Old 05-18-2011, 11:14 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default what could cause a vehicle not to run under normal operating temperature

so i ran my truck under the OBD2 scanner since my truck has seemed like it were loosing a lil power and gas comsumption went up. i ran the data stream option while truck was at its highest operating temperature and the datastream showed my ECT (engine coolant temp) at 165-170 so thats my problem. but what could cause a temperature to not rise no more since i did replace my thermostat i bought one from autozone i guess your not supposed to buy from there since everyone i know says they always get wrong parts. and i asked for 195 degree thermostat but i dont think i checked if it were an actual 195 maybe i should check other than that what could cause it to not heat up to its normal operating temperature
Old 05-25-2011, 07:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lots of things, raditor could be stopped up a little,wrong sparkplug range to hot of a plug,the ac could cause it lots of little things.that thermastat if you got a colder one,that cuase your temp problem.
Old 05-25-2011, 09:11 AM

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Check actual coolant temp with a thermometer, could be your ECT is out of whack and providing incorrect info to computor causing you to run in open loop. Thats not good.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: what could cause a vehicle not to run under normal operating temperature