Topic Sponsor
1997 - 2003 Ford F150 General discussion on the Ford 1997 - 2003 F150 truck.

Wet floor board.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2015, 10:29 PM
2003 F-150 King Ranch

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts

So.. The last time I vacuumed the King Ranch I noticed some moisture in the floor board.. I got it out.. And tonight I felt under the passanger floor liner ( ONLY spot wet ) and that ended in this. I pulled the kick plate and lifted the carpet the first time and the metal was moist but not soaked. Can the evaporator be messed up? Or did the dumb*** that broke the steering gear pay another dumb*** to fix it and not put the cab back together right? Anyway... HOW THE HELL DO YOU BREAK A STEERING GEAR OFF THE FRAME!?! If it wasn't 90 outside and more humid then a fat kid's nut sack in gym class I would use vent to see if it only gets wet if I use the air conditioner. It seems to drain alright. But I'm not sure if it's draining enough. My brother said he thinks it only drains if the truck is on a slope so the right side is lower then the left.
Attached Thumbnails Wet floor board.-image-97445115.jpg   Wet floor board.-image-590071932.jpg  
Old 07-27-2015, 10:36 PM

Received 182 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Ford Fan#1
So.. The last time I vacuumed the King Ranch I noticed some moisture in the floor board.. I got it out.. And tonight I felt under the passanger floor liner ( ONLY spot wet ) and that ended in this. I pulled the kick plate and lifted the carpet the first time and the metal was moist but not soaked. Can the evaporator be messed up? Or did the dumb*** that broke the steering gear pay another dumb*** to fix it and not put the cab back together right? Anyway... HOW THE HELL DO YOU BREAK A STEERING GEAR OFF THE FRAME!?! If it wasn't 90 outside and more humid then a fat kid's nut sack in gym class I would use vent to see if it only gets wet if I use the air conditioner. It seems to drain alright. But I'm not sure if it's draining enough. My brother said he thinks it only drains if the truck is on a slope so the right side is lower then the left. Video Link: https://youtu.be/xsf9_m-g7TU
it does drain only on a slope and it runs off the frame under the front passenger door not the tube going to the heater box. Is there a way to reconnect it or does the cab have to be pulled?
Old 07-28-2015, 09:04 AM

Received 143 Likes on 135 Posts

Maybe where you all live it has to be on a slope to drain. But in the south it will drain on an incline.
It does not have to be on a slope to drain.
Take a coat hanger and gently push in to the drain line to make sure there is no partial clog.
The following users liked this post:
Ford Fan#1 (07-28-2015)
Old 07-28-2015, 02:47 PM
2003 F-150 King Ranch

Originally Posted by jstockert
Maybe where you all live it has to be on a slope to drain. But in the south it will drain on an incline. It does not have to be on a slope to drain. Take a coat hanger and gently push in to the drain line to make sure there is no partial clog.
I didn't think of the coat hanger.. I'm trying it today.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by jstockert
Maybe where you all live it has to be on a slope to drain. But in the south it will drain on an incline. It does not have to be on a slope to drain. Take a coat hanger and gently push in to the drain line to make sure there is no partial clog.
nah I've seen other 10th gens draining right beside mine haha. But do you know where the drain hookup is? The cab was pulled in the past and may have been unhooked and never hooked up right or at all.
Old 07-28-2015, 05:03 PM

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Fordfan2006
nah I've seen other 10th gens draining right beside mine haha. But do you know where the drain hookup is? The cab was pulled in the past and may have been unhooked and never hooked up right or at all.
Uh oh...hope not for your sake...
Old 07-28-2015, 05:28 PM
2003 F-150 King Ranch

Originally Posted by MCpllabelle
Uh oh...hope not for your sake...
yeah... Lifting the cab would be nearly impossible for me and my brother... No lift or anyplace to put parts
Old 07-28-2015, 05:38 PM

Received 71 Likes on 49 Posts

Maybe you can fish a new drain pipe somehow.
Old 07-28-2015, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by MCpllabelle
Maybe you can fish a new drain pipe somehow.
any idea where it is? Or is the metal pipe connected directly to the black box?
Old 07-28-2015, 07:20 PM

Well I drove about 10 miles A/C on the whole time 90 outside humid as heck turned off the a/c put it on vent maybe 1,000 feet before I turned off the truck and looked under it before going inside the store bone dry and came out 10-15 minutes later still nothing on the ground. Stuck pipe cleaners up in the tube pulled it out and the pipe cleaner was still dry and nothing on it.. Gosh I hate morons that think they know what the are doing and screw something else up trying to fix something else.

Quick Reply: Wet floor board.