Go Back   Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans > Late Model F150s > 1997 - 2003 Ford F150
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Old 11-16-2012, 08:57 AM   #1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Default Water Pump???????

I was underneath my truck last night greasing everything and noticed some leaking anti-freeze on the bottom of the water pump. Truck has never overheated on me but my heat is way below adequate in this thing it will barely defrost my windows. Ive changed the tstat and flushed the radiator and the heater core on several occasions and still no heat. Im hoping this water pump is my heat issue? Could this be my problem even tho my truck isnt overheating???
Jason Mullins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:05 AM   #2
Single & ready to mingle

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Mullins View Post
I was underneath my truck last night greasing everything and noticed some leaking anti-freeze on the bottom of the water pump. Truck has never overheated on me but my heat is way below adequate in this thing it will barely defrost my windows. Ive changed the tstat and flushed the radiator and the heater core on several occasions and still no heat. Im hoping this water pump is my heat issue? Could this be my problem even tho my truck isnt overheating???
It could be. If you don't drive for hours at a time it may not get to operating temperature. You live somewhere with frost so it will take longer for your truck to heat up. Leaking can be a sign of a bad WP. I would replace it, you certainly don't want your truck to over heat and warp something.

When you say it barely defrosts the window, is it because you haven't ran it to operating temp before you reach your destination? Is it because the blower is not working correctly?
Tackle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 11:05 AM